Forestry areas Brisbane to Bundaberg no go zones

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljacko78

Reaction score
hi lads

Those people who are fans of State forests like Glass House, Beerwah..... note that old forestry areas used to be owned by the State ander the old Dept Primary Industries. (DPI now called DEEDI)

Well the govt sold off those forest areas to private industry a few years back and changed the lease hold lands to a licenced area. And as a private industry, their focus is on making money and maintaining profits. As such there's talk about closing all the forestry trails as they are causing maintenance issues for the buisness with too many 4wd tearing up the trails.

Those poeple who travel up the Bruce Hwy near Beerwah will know some of the old highway access roads were changed / closed. This has been a result of a lot of 4wders turning off a 100km zone into a mud pit and getting bogged. Then trying to turn into a 100km zone - just not safe. There have been some bad accidents along that stretch of the Bruce Hwy.

We'll see what will change in 2012

As far a I know those exits/ turn offs eg Roy's rd, have been promised to be closed for years. As a coast resident there are accidents there every week... A motor bike accident where 3 people died was the last straw.... Closed them 2 days afterwards and Mostly with trucks using Roy's as a short cut to the beerwah industrial area. As for forestry closures Win news announced sections between Caloundra rd and the Bruce are closed but I have not heard anything since. Fingers crossed its not true what you have heard!

But what they dont think about is 95% of the 4x4ers are the ones that keep these tracks open any way. Like after storms and we go in there and clear tress and stufff. And things like lantana by having cars run up a track all the time it keeps in down meaning them not needing to clear it with machines and cost money.

Any way my 2c
bryan

I hope they don't close them down -

I know TMR are looking at ways of stopping access off the Bruce Highway and other high speed + high traffic areas so we don't have Roy's Road type incidents again.

Get out and use the trails just in case the private industry mobs start putting gates up.

So much for a huge country, if the Greens get there way.

None of us will be able to enjoy it.