sparras build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparra04

Reaction score
over the next few months the nav will be transformed(finally) with exhaust,lift,canopy,battery setup and drawers to start with
old tonys supplying help/info on battery setup and blacknav (andrew) is helping with drawers
so i thought ide post up some pics as i go and invite suggestions/comments
i started today by fitting a uniden UH7760NB 80 chanell uhf
i chose this one due to lack of room in cab
next up will be beaudesert exhaust and 2'' lift
23122011376.jpg

Last edited:
About time you started a build thread Sparra, busy days off ahead for you and somewhat me i think.

About time you started a build thread Sparra, busy days off ahead for you and somewhat me i think.
bout time allright
ive been planning/reaserching for 12mths now
finally its all falling into place

ile start draw frame in the next week or two, we need to meet and discuss
how did ur draw's turn out

ile start draw frame in the next week or two, we need to meet and discuss
how did ur draw's turn out

My drawers are almost done, just have to buy the locking T-handles and fit them. Also make a top for them then there all ready for lacquer and carpet.

Let me know once your almost finished your frame and we'll try and sort something out from there.

Keep us updated Ian.

Plenty of overtime on the cards hey.

Hope you had a good Chrissy mate.

got a start on the frame today,still a lot of work , also picked up 2pac poly spray on ute liner
29122011378.jpg

29122011382.jpg

29122011381.jpg

29122011384.jpg

Does that frame just clip together or are you going too weld it?

thee joiners are designed to be a tight fit (tap in with hammer)
if i wasnt screwing ply on the top i would pop rivet a few joiners to keep it square and taught
it is very light ,thats why i chose to use it
the negative is i am loosing some internal size due to the 25mm tube
the frame and jioners were approx $200 from bunnings
cheers
sparra

Looks good Ian. I had another idea for the fitting of the RHS drawers slides too that will let you use every mounting hole in the slide, that's if you haven't already sorted it?

today i fitted timber for andrew to fit drawer slides and a bit of carpet in fridge area
30122011388.jpg

30122011387.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good Ian. I had another idea for the fitting of the RHS drawers slides too that will let you use every mounting hole in the slide, that's if you haven't already sorted it?

ready for you to measure up drawer andrew
next weekend we are spraying tub
week after dual batt install (where are you tony)
then exhaust and lift
still deciding on which canopy to fit

Last edited:
^^ Ok so that was more or less the idea i had. Did you screw up through underneath the alloy into the bottom of the timber? How thick are the timber spacers as i used 25mm screws to mount the drawer slides in mine.

i used 15mm angle to support 18mm ply
angle is pop rivited to frame then ply is screwed through angle with some brackets for extra support
i hate woodwork
time for a beer

It looks like it'll be pretty heavy - It looks good & I know bugger all about draw setups - just looks heavy to me. Would you not be better off with a thinner plywood?

the drawers as they sit weigh 24 kg
the idea of using alum tube is to keep the weight down
to get strength with ply you need at least 12 mm
ile weigh them when there finished

today was dedicated to getting the dual batt setup complete
FAIL
i purchased an optima yellow top agm , only 50 a/h but 95% of that is avaliable compared to 70% with similar batteries
my other restriction was avaliable space
the max width was 270mm with most 100a/h being 305 mm
i plan to suppliment with a 40 watt solar panel when we are camped
on a good note i will keep the winch on the aux batt as it has shitloads of cca's
after running all over town getting all the other gear (jaycar ect) i ran out of time to complete job
everywhere i turn on this build i find ime restricted with avaliable space under bonett and its pissin me off
but i guess thats 1/2 the fun doing it yourself
tomorrows another day
time for a beer
:cheers!:
07012012402.jpg

07012012403.jpg

Back