Correct battery disconnection procedure ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamosa

Reaction score
I have a 2009 d22 navara, i havent seen the 2 battery setup before. What would be the correct way to disconnect the power?

if you want to disconnect ALL power just pull all the leads off both batteries, if you leave one still connected it will still be powered as if both were still connected. it doesnt matter what order you do it in. oh and welcome

which seems a little funny, when in real electricity we are taught earth on first and off last.

mitch92 said:
which seems a little funny, when in real electricity we are taught earth on first and off last.

Yes, but in auto electrics, when they say "earth" they mean the negative lead.

They just HAVE to be different.

+1 on gunning's reply. The negative comes off first as it can inadvertently touch the body with the other battery still fully hooked up without shorting. Once both negatives are off, the positives can touch the body with the engine off and won't short.

no worries, how long u had the rig for? what mods are on the to-do list mate?

I had it for just over a month. There is a few on the list... Definetly a 2" suspension lift first, upgrade to 32" tyres, fit a snorkle, possibly a stero upgrade in there somewhere too.

Latest posts

Back