15 inch wheels on d40 2011

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevor1985

Reaction score
hi guys bit of info just wondering if anyone has actually done it. was at tyre shop the other day and the guy there was trying to persuade me to put 15 inch wheels and tyre on my navara it still got standard 16s on it at the minute want to no if he was leading me in the right or wrong direction??

Someone makes 15 inch rims with a D40 stud pattern? Being that d40's have a unique pattern I would be surprised. I think he may be dreaming.

Discs are too big to fit 15s. They might make 15s with a 114.3x6 pattern but why on earth would you do it? Unless you use a stupidly large profile tyre, your axle height drops, reducing your ground clearance.

If you fit smaller front discs you'll probably have braking problems and if an engineer saw it he ought to reduce the towing capacity too (since towing capacity is a function of chassis strength and braking capacity).

The D40 in Australia comes with 16" rims and 70 profile tyres so that the wheels can absorb some of the ruggedness of our roads. The European Navara comes with 17" rims and lower profile tyres because their roads are a lot smoother - I don't know if it's a continent full of pussies or just smarter road building (or more money invested in roads) but they can get away with the lower profile tyres on larger rims.

The larger rims would make the vehicle corner better - less tyre wall flex - but since we aren't on a race track, that doesn't matter as much.

The 4cyl D40 Frontier comes with 15" rims in the US etc but as the others have said 15" wheels wont fit over our front brakes.
AFIK the only vehicles that run our stud pattern is the R51 D40 in Aus,US . The Xterra in the US and the Dodge Durango for certain years so seriously wonder if anyone would make a 15" wheel for the D40 or R51. However with some of the stories drifting out of Thailand like no heaters etc and way more base type base models nothing would surprise me

Back