Clicking noise when lh turning

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayk

Reaction score
In the last week i have been hearing about 3 or 4 loud clicking noises when i go around tight left hand corners on the black stuff. it doesnt seem to matter what speed i am doing. i have had a look underneath and everything seems attached. i am a tad worried that it could be the transfer case?? i have hardly used 4wd ... the only times about 2 yrs ago on the black stuff in the wet towing( i know not good now) and a dirt track i cruise up a cpl of times a year for work. i have used 4lo twice when backing my trailer up very steep driveways.

Hi,
Just wondering if this was resolved or if anyone has experience.
I a have a 2010 D40 STX with ARB 2" lift, 67,000klm.
It has got a clunking on left and right turns, second gear under moderate load particularly if the inner rear wheel skis traction slightly, like on a touch road.
It clunks about 2-4 times fairly loudly.
Nissan claim its an ARB suspension issue (worn bushes on the rear leaves), ARB claim that is not the issue and it is a driveline issue (backless in diffs or transfer case. Is hard to tell but could be either. Driveline was my first thought. Suspension is pretty simple and doesn't have any obvious problem. I would also expect ARB would be straight on to an obvious problem there.

Has been worsening slowly over the last 30,000klm, however is not an issue under normal driving conditions.

Any ideas or experience in this???

Cheers.

I have a clicking sound when turning left or right slowly only in 4wd but my cvs are fine. Got me stumped. Cant be bothered taking to nissan as they are useless

You will always get this noise when turning in 4wd when the surface is hard. Remember at Lancruiser park Trent after I pulled you up that gulley yours was doing it we put it in 2wd and she was fine. Its just the wheels trying to rotate at different speeds with no slippage.

Latest posts

Back