How do u know if a snorkel is water tight

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i found on my d22 that the original air pipe that joined the air box leaked because t changed the angle it seated at

stick a plastic bag over the head of the snorkel if the car stalls it is sealed properly or is sealed sufficient. if it doesnt stall the item is not sealed .

goodluck
Rusty

as scooba has said check everything. i pulled mine of and had a few spare foam gaskets laying in the spares box and sealed everything back up. also used duct tape to seal the bend that connects to the airbox.

rusty

Mine ripped a hole straight through the plastic bag, they create a hell of a vacuum! I put my hand over it and to seal it off but have someone ready to turn the car off if it starts to do damage to your hand, giant hickey time!

Cheers everyone i took the intake ram of and put my hand over it had to take it off pretty quick as the whole airfilter box started pulling in towards the motor tried the plastic bag trick without the ram almost lost the bag but with the ram on it sort of sucks the bag in then lets it loose does this sound normal.

Last edited:
Back