Tonneau Cover Problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerdriver

Reaction score
Hi guys I recently got a brand new nissan navara ST auto, I got a soft tonneau cover fitted from nissan, after it rained today I had a look under it to find all my stuff in the tub is wet, I then hope in the tub while I got a friend to wet it with a hose and found that water cover in everywhere with it, does anyone else have this problem ? and if so how did you fix it, do you think it would be better to swap this for a hard tonneau for better water proofing ?

thanks

I think that there are lots of places for the tub to leak. I reckon that know matter what you replaced the cover with and how water tight that cover, you would still get some water from all the other gaps.

If you got into the tub with the tonneau in place, you must have seen a fair bit of light coming in, especially around the tailgate. While I don't think the tailgate is guilty of letting water in, it can let a fair bit of dust in & there are other gaps for the water to enter which need to be sealed.

Still if the majority of the water is entering from the tonneau, maybe something else would do a better job? I have a canopy & while the tub has been sealed pretty well, I would not put grandma's precious collection of embroidered doilies in there if it was raining.

If the rain is coming in under the plastic strip that holds the tonneau in place, would it be possible to put a bead if sealant around the edge?

Hopefully somebody with a tonneau will be along to help.

hi guys i have a 2006 str d22 and i bought my tonneau cover from ebay its exactly the same as the genuine item with nissan written on both sides at the back and mine has never leaked even when i wash the ute and we also get alot of heavy rain and thunderstorms on the mid nth coast of nsw and the best part was it was heaps cheaper than buying it from nissan. anyway good luck i hope someone can help you fix yours.

Ok, New King Cab here with the genuine Nissan tonneau. All good, so far I deliberatley left it out in a tropical downpour and no water inside so I would have the dealler sort it. As for dust comming in, it's all good apart from the tailgate sides where the dust just pours in.

when i bought my 2009 str i had nissan fit a soft cover bafore i picked it up never leaked but did rub the paint of around edges nissan dont want to know about it so im left with rubed paint but now have a canopy and have sealed nearly all gaps with ruber from ovesco at sand gate they heve a huge range of sealents that are self adhesive also they stock all draw sliders and rams for making your own draws fridge sliders etc

basically the water is coming in around the sports bar, I've tried moving and manipulating the cover put this is to no avail

Back