Different colours of White

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerdriver

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is any difference between arctic white on an STX navara and polar white on an ST navara, Im looking at a tonneau cover fir my navara and I'm unsure if they are the same colour

Yes from memory they are slightly different tints, whether you will notice them as different could be down to a lot of factors including age, exposure and eye sight but while I don't remember seeing them on a vehicle I have seen them on a computer screen.

I found a sight ages ago which listed all Nissan paint chips back to 06 but I went looking for it recently and couldn't find it, would be nice if someone else had it bookmarked because it showed all shades. Still down to monitors, settings and eye sight but it wasn't a bad guide.

If the paint code on the vehicle is different then it is a diff colour.

Here you go, the D40 is available in both whites (the colour code is in brackets after the name of the colour so they are different):

Capture1.jpg

It all depends on how it's been treated, from what i remember seeing they can be close enough to be considered a match from a distance but each pairing would probably be different. Canopies are quite often a slightly different shade due to the paint going on plastic, it's not always noticeable but at other times it can be. Realistically you wont know for sure until you can put the ute and the tonneau together at which time you might consider them good and someone else might not. Unfortunately I don't see a definite yes or no answer for you due to many factors.

Since the cover is on a whole other angle, horizontal v's vertical to the rest of the car you may not notice the difference so much. Can you find a car of the other colour to test it? The same colour can appear to be different because of the light or angle.

Last edited:
bloke48

They are VERY slightly different. I used Polar White to repair a scratch on my Arctic White STX and noticed the difference but only because I was inspecting how well the repair went. The buyer didn't when I sold it. If you want a cheap test, get a can of each colour in that spray can stuff and spray them together on one surface. At least one of them won't be wasted 'ços at least one will match your truck for future repairs.

On the other hand, if you are looking at using an STX hard tonneau on an ST or vice versa, I am told by my dealer that they will not fit.

Latest posts

Back