Hub or stud centric???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter ST_R

Reaction score
Hi

I have just got a set of patrol alloys to put onto my D22 but have found that the patrol centrebore is 110mm and the D22 centrebore is 100mm. The new rims dont centre on the hub but the tapered wheel nuts do centre the wheel but then all the weight is on the studs. So my question is can I still use these rims and do I need hub centric centrebore rings and what centrebore size do people have on their aftermarket wheels and do they come with ring to fit?
picture.php

Navara 100mm centrebore
picture.php

Patrol 110mm centrebore

Thanks

Last edited:
from my understanding it will be fine to run as is because once you have the wheel nuts on you will have allot of friction between the back face of the wheel and the face of the break drum or break rotor.

Heaps of people getting about with a gap from spigot to centre bore, since every aftermarket rim ever made has the Hilux centre bore diameter. No reported issues yet.

The gap is not an issue. The taper on the wheel nut and rim will take the weight and is perfectly safe I would guess. Never heard of any problems etc.

Rusty

the wheel nut/studs don't actually take any of the weight. they are simply there to clamp the wheel against the hub. its the friction under that clamping pressure which takes all the weight.

the stock rims do not touch the centre of the hub anyway. the centre hole is simply to make it easier to get the wheel centered.

so just make sure you put all nuts on and slowly do them all up and in pattern. that way it will centre as you tighten the nuts up.
if you tighten one up tight to start with it can be out of centre and tightening the rest will not centre it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back