diff swap

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bridge888

Reaction score
hey all i have a navara d22 zd30 and im having problems with my rear diff the crown wheel and pinion are worn i done a bit of researc and got qoutes for my diff too be re-built any were from 2000 upwards ive does anybody have knowledge on this issue
soo i chased a second hand diff up out of a d22 2.5l and was wondering if anybody knows about ratios ?????
plzzzz help

Where abouts you based?

If it anything like my mates bt-50, a new diff centre will set you back a few $k.

I've got an old rear axle here from the zd30. the housing is shot, but the centre and half-axles are still good if you want them?

I see. I'm in Brisbane. I dunno what transport is gonna cost to get it down to you, I might have to leave it in the hands of another forum member, I gotta have my place cleaned out before Saturday.

Ok spewin wish there was a way if u have no luck with selling it ill pay for the postage or freight how much were u lookin to get for it

hey dave from wat i can tell it has just happened threw wear and tear the harding off the crown wheel and pinion is wearing off

Do a v6 diff swap in it. ring Adam from Niss 4x4 wreckers in Williamstown in Vic. He will freight all over oz.0393999771 Mention the forum.He will have both v6 and 3.0l diffs.
Your ratio is stamped on your id plate under the bonnot and being LSD there should be a tag on the diff telling you what it is. Cheers Scotty

hey scotty cheers mate i done a bit of research under my bonnet it says ca46 as the code wat does this mean in relation too ratio i counted teeth it was 34 and 8 and from wat i know this means its a 4.25 diff ratio is this right ??

YD25's have 3 ratio's used.

3.9, 4.375 and 4.625.

The last 2 are the best as there everywhere and cheap to.

my rears been changed to a 2.5 diff but no matter what i do i still got about 13mm of in out movement on each rear wheel,ive got a spare 2.5 axl in garage with 37 teeth on crown wheel and as yet i aint took backplate off truck to see what in that whats the likely ratio on 37 teeth?

my rears been changed to a 2.5 diff but no matter what i do i still got about 13mm of in out movement on each rear wheel,ive got a spare 2.5 axl in garage with 37 teeth on crown wheel and as yet i aint took backplate off truck to see what in that whats the likely ratio on 37 teeth?

4.625, there will be 8 on the pinion.

yep both truck and spare axl 4.625 so gonna swap whole chuffin lot try get rid of the 1/2" play i got at wheels (new wheel bearings etc and still play!)

Back