Issues with airconditioning!!!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d40ryan

Reaction score
My aircon while on any setting will only blow air at speed 4. Since I got the car it would only really blow at 3 and 4. But now it will only work on 4.
1 2 and 3 act as if it's turned off.
Please help, it's hot in nqld.

Resistor in the panel behind the A/C switch is cactus...atleast that's what Nissan seem to replace when the problem occurs. If the car is under warranty take it back immediately and get them to fix it, if not I think the last person who had to pay for it be fixed said they wanted something stupid like $120 for the resistor. Also last I heard about this issue no one had been able to find the resistor after market and fix for what should be about 20 cents.

yip mine did the same thing, dealer came to the party with their dealer warranty. i agree krafty, don't know how they can justify charging so much for such a cheap item.

The A/C switches on when the control knob goes past "Defrost" (in both directions) It's done to push refrigerated air onto the window because it's better than warm air for clearing quickly but switching on when only the fan is changed isn't normal.

I don't know enough about the resistor and what it controls to know if you might have the same issue but it's worth asking Nissan because if it's under warranty they will replace it.

I'm having the same problem, but at the moment only 1 isn't working. The fan resistor for thai built d40 is $70 and spanish built is $270.

I found a fan resistor from USA for the 2005-2011 Frontier that should fit I think for the spanish built shipped for $70aud on ebay. I'm not too sure though, the main part number is the same. Only location number is different but still in mexico

Are you even sure the two different models use different resistors? The thermistor for the climate control is a different part number and price for STX and Pathy but they are the same item.

Given the A/C panels etc are almost identical, if not identical, I'd be seriously checking if the two aren't actually the same items with a price hike for the STX version.

There was an adelaide dealer throwing one up for $77 on Fleabay they other day.

I'm sure anyone with a Farnells (did I get that right?) catalog will be able to source the high-wattage resistors for a reasonable price and we can just rebuild the bloody things for a small fraction of the cost that Nissan want.

Check out the shape of the resistor, it's not something Farnell stock in general, getting the resistance right is only a small part of the issue. Someone obviously makes them and finding them would be a bonus if they sold to the general public but so far I haven't see anything like it in the 1800 page Farnell cattledog I have.

Well, it's not like they have to be a perfect fit either. They only need to fit in through the hole, and sit in the airstream that's designed to cool the resistors anyway.

I wonder if we grabbed one of those big ceramic jobs and chipped the ceramic outer coating away, would we find what you're looking for inside?

That would solve both problems. And we'd be able to show people how to replace their resistor pack for peanuts.

They aren't the same sort of resistor that DSE sells with a little ceramic outer and pretty colour bands on them. They still aren't worth what Nissan claim but they are a completely different mould and therefore wouldn't be easily replaced like a resistor in a tv or even a surface mount resistor.

Resistance

A good start would be to find out the actual resistance of a serviceable unit and we can go from there.
Unfortunately measuring resistance in a fitted part is a bit difficult without a special meter so someone needs to pull one apart.

I thought we did find the resistance somewhere.

The resistor was available on ebay a few months back, it wasn't what I would consider cheap enough to buy and conduct test with but it was available.

My resistor has just gone pulled it out and it's quite visibly f'd, a search of the part number on google took me all over the world. Aus Ebay want $250+ for it some of them not even Brand New. May have found the same part for the frontier for $50 just finding out if part numbers match or even picture confirmation but will keep update with info for others down the road.

*Edit
Abit more hunting and discovered it's identical to the American Pathfinder Resistor part number 27150-5Z000 which US ebay has for under $60 posted. Pictures confirm this is an identical resistor to my 07 Navara ST-X

Last edited:
My resistor has just gone pulled it out and it's quite visibly f'd, a search of the part number on google took me all over the world. Aus Ebay want $250+ for it some of them not even Brand New. May have found the same part for the frontier for $50 just finding out if part numbers match or even picture confirmation but will keep update with info for others down the road.

*Edit
Abit more hunting and discovered it's identical to the American Pathfinder Resistor part number 27150-5Z000 which US ebay has for under $60 posted. Pictures confirm this is an identical resistor to my 07 Navara ST-X

if this works your my new best friend, i have been using only 4 since well i started the post, please keep us notified.

where and how do i get access to this resister????

I now have the same problem and none of my fan settings 1 through to 4 is working..sometimes they would work and now after experiencing the fan not working over a 3-4 month period (it would work and then shut off etc)....its not working at all. I'm keen to buy a resister from fleabay and replace it etc and hope that fixes the problem.

Russ

If NONE of the fan speeds are working it might be the fuse rather than the resistor. Pull the fuse (beside the glove box), clean its feet & check, try again. Might save you the cost of the resistor pack.

The resistor pack is under the aircon box behind the dash. Look under the passenger side, high up towards the firewall. Two screws hold the pack in.

Latest posts

Back