Max load for factory alloy rims?!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not stamped on them then? 1120kg seems quite low though, i guess steel wheels are thin becasue of the weight issue.. I imagine the STR alloys were rated that at least.

Either way your going to be fine with those new rims, but if you want more confidence just ask the tyre shop they are the ones that are meant to know the regulations.

steel rims will bend, but not break like an alloy could, I'm going to take a guess the steel rims have a higher rating.

most alloys i looked at were rated at around 1400kg, steel will bend at a lot lower impact then you'll get an alloy to crack at. But there is a big cost advantage to steel.

But there is a big cost advantage to steel.

They're on a par nowadays. Getting a steel rim made from flat plate to be true and balanced cheaply is not that easy, whereas the cost of casting alloy wheels just keeps dropping, much less labour since they are balanced from the get go.

I think the axle rating is less than 2240kg so you'll be fine with those wheels.

Back