D22 HID Conversions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cap dancer

Hi all
I have a 2004 d22 all standard specs. I have fitted HID conversions and I am havingb trouble with power being fed into the ballast via the low beam wire. Does anyone have any ideas on this
thanks

what model hid did you purchase? if you are using low beam i am assuming you got a h4 bi-xenon, if not you shouldn't be using low beam.

Hid

Hi all
I have fitted HID conversions and I am having trouble with power being fed into the ballast via the low beam wire.
The H4 replacement globes can be incorrectly seated if cable tying the wires too tight (seating spring not strong enough) and globes will be out of focus giving poor results on high or low, gave me the gips for hours. Also the backing rubber rings don't fit over the globe holders without disturbing the globes off their seats if the wiring comes from under the holder (same results as above) I had to cut recesses in the rubber rings that make the headlights water resistant before the globes could seat correctly and be focused accurately. No trouble with wiring but be warned not to cut/extend the wires between ballast and globes as the designed resistance is critical.
Gerry

Latest posts

Back