Clunk noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08 NAVARA D40

Reaction score
Hi guys

I know there has been plenty of these posts but i have an issue when im braking and accelarating as i come to a complete stop there seems to be a knocking coming from the rear and as i take off it does it again. Seems like something is loose maybe tailshaft but it is driving me crazy and with so many posts on this issue i really dont know where to start looking its driving me crazy has anyone got any info on this? I dont want to keep driving incase its making it worse please healp

I have one that may interest you. I have a d22 but had similar sound on 2 occasions. One was the spare wheel being loose under the car. The other was just fuel in the tank sloshing when I stopped and went again. I can't really think of anything else to be honest. maybe something loose in tub or behind the back seat.

Rusty

Hey Rusty thanks for that im gona have a look but seems like it may be drivetrain clunk but its worth having a look its doing my head in bad

When.your driving if you back off then accelerate does it make the clunking noise. Could be diff backlash

My 07 D40 STX had a clunking noise. I got underneath and checked the uni's in the tailshaft. Found the rear uni was stuffed. As the tailshafts are alloy, the uni had chewed out the tailshaft and I had to get a complete new tailshaft.. You may have something completely different but something to look at.

I mite have to go under and have a look whats the tail shaft worth? i just hope its something small i can fix

what $2000 for a tailshaft? spare part prices should be regulated, Car makers must make more from parks then new cale sales.

Need Help - Squeeling belts

I am having an probelm with noisy belts (squeeling) on my D40. Had it in and have the timing chain replaced (under warranty) then the belts replace - Same problem. Any ideas?

Would be far cheaper to have one made from steel .
I was going to suggest the spare wheel
You could jack up the back of the truck and chock the front wheels and have someone slowly trying first and reverse while you listen at the back

Latest posts

Back