Navara Problems on Fraser Island

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seen a thread like this on the Patrol forum, if I owned a D40 I would invest in some decent bash plates.

I would hate to be in his position.

Dave.

D22 is no different. they only have a thin plate to stop grass etc getting caught up.
i don't think any factory 4x4 comes with decent bash plates.

Fair point Tweake, I have a couple of mates who are boiler makers.

I have lined one up to make me some sliders, might hit him up to do me a bash plate to.

Dave.

I got a prices today from TJM in Newcastle for bash plates for the D40

$220 front bash plate for radiator
$242 mid bash plate for transmission
$80 install for both plates

I am a bit of a tight arse but they do seem a bit expensive to me for what they are.

At the end of the day though if you dont have the ability to make them yourself and are going to venture offroad I supose you just goto pay it.

The prices of the bash plates seemed pretty steep to me when I was looking at them, if you've got the ability to cut up some steel you should be able to find a fabricator to bend it up for you for not a lot of money. Below is what I made for mine, cost me about $80 for the sheet of 3mm steel, and the time to cut, bend and fit it up, and it works a treat, works like a toboggan in the mud, the front just slides along and the front wheels drop into the ruts so no front diff to get hung up on.

underbodyprotection1.jpg

Great post Shonky.

Gives all who fancy making some themselves some inspiration.

Although I think it would be fair to say that if most of us gave it a go it probably would not look quite like yours.

You are certainly not lacking any metal working skills mate. I almost got a semi looking at your pic :9:

I got a prices today from TJM in Newcastle for bash plates for the D40

$220 front bash plate for radiator
$242 mid bash plate for transmission
$80 install for both plates

shop around i got the 2 for 400 and installed them myself. its too easy and takes less then an hour to fit both of them.

Latest posts

Back