Stock suspension uneven on level ground.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike1303

Reaction score
So i went outside to day to get some measurements before the lift kit goes in in a fortnight and i was quite surprised to see that there was a 15 mm difference between the front drivers and passenger side?!
only 5mm in the rear, that doesnt phase me.

The measurements were 855mm on the passengers and 840mm on the drivers... That is from ground to bottom of the wheel arch....

has anyone else come across this? or can check their rig??
im baffled that its such a big difference :confused::confused::confused:

My driverside sits a bit higher than the passenger side, was concerned a bit at first but then thought maybe its supposed to be like that so it can sit level when a driver gets on it. LOL. Just somthing to think positive about it.

You're measuring it wrong, so there's every chance that the 15mm difference is in the bodywork and has nothing to do with the suspension.

Start measuring it the factory way (detailed in the FSM) and you'll have a measurement that is independent of your tyre size, tyre wear, tyre pressures, body mounts, body, quarter panel and flare variables.

You can see where 15mm of error could come from quite quickly.

You're measuring it wrong, so there's every chance that the 15mm difference is in the bodywork and has nothing to do with the suspension.

Start measuring it the factory way (detailed in the FSM) and you'll have a measurement that is independent of your tyre size, tyre wear, tyre pressures, body mounts, body, quarter panel and flare variables.

You can see where 15mm of error could come from quite quickly.

ok, thank you, that was quite informative. :confused::confused::confused::confused:
While im sure i dont know the proper way to measure the differences, Im quite positive i will be able to see the difference of before and after the lift by doing it this way. and still notice the visable and actuall differences from either side.

I would measure from the hub, not the ground. Variations in tyre pressure (and/or temperature) cause the hub centre height to change.

Not sure if that's the factory way, but it makes sense to measure it that way.

My 2" Lift went in today,
Using dobinsons components, it has come up 55mm and 60 mm front and rear consecutively
just in time to test it out next weekend!! Im cheering :)

Latest posts

Back