Anyone know how to understand Deflection rates

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longy509

Reaction score
just getting some prices for new springs and not sure how to read the deflection rates properly.

NAVARA D40 5+2 X/HD REAR SPRING **
** THESE SPRINGS CAN HOLD 290KG ON THE 2" DEFLECTION RATE.**

NAVARA D40 6+2 EX/HD REAR SPRING **
** THESE SPRINGS CAN HOLD 654 KG ON THE 2" DEFLECTION RATE.**

Any help in explaining would be appreciated
Cheers

It's a pretty non-sensical way of describing springs, but it's how they do it.

Usually they're marketed as carrying an extra weight over the factory vehicle - helpful if you're a tradie who constantly carries toolboxes on the back. Weigh all your tools and sundries and match the weight to the closest "rating". In this case that is 260kg for the Stage 5 and 654kg (I doubt their springs are THAT consistent, couldn't they have rounded it down to 650??) for the Stage 6.

The other marketing tool is the lift - for Navaras the most common is 2". The way they've worded their text though, it sounds as though at factory weight, you will see a 2" lift for either kit. Add 290kg to the S5, or 654kg to the S6, and it will be back at factory ride height. That's what would make sense. Your mileage will vary of course.

Cheers Dion im having trouble deciding what rate springs to get dont want the new ones to invert like the factory ones after 8000km but dont want a back breaking ride either,
decisions,decisions

Bit of everything thats what makes it a hard decision its my work ute during the week then its my play ute on weekends

you could get the 6+2 and remove the last main spring if its too hard, or take it off before you even install them and keep them aside if you find yourself needing more lift in the back. That said you'll lose a few mm in lift becasue you'll have the leaf thickness gone, but you'll be sure you bought the right one!

Latest posts

Back