New ARB front locker news....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4 naving

Reaction score
Hi guys.. Just got my d40 back from ARB with a new rear locker installed . And when i picked it up thet said the new FRONT LOCKER was released today at 10 am. There is 3 different types they have which will hopefully cover all models... Sounds good.... and if you get one at the moment you get the bigger compressor free. This will fix the weak front diff center buy im still woried about the weak cast housing splitting as per Woodsy's diff...What do you all think???????:dancing:

well iv already got the rear so might aswell get an air locker for the front, surely it will be priced like all the others around 1200 for the locker by itself.

year mate.. he said they are $1195 plus install. it cost me $540 to install the rear as i already had the on board air... so same for the front .. the only other cost to thinc aboit is if carrier berings suss. I opted to replace when doing rear just to be sure as i think removing and re installing berings is not great sof them..

Hi guys.. Just got my d40 back from ARB with a new rear locker installed . And when i picked it up thet said the new FRONT LOCKER was released today at 10 am. There is 3 different types they have which will hopefully cover all models... Sounds good.... and if you get one at the moment you get the bigger compressor free. This will fix the weak front diff center buy im still woried about the weak cast housing splitting as per Woodsy's diff...What do you all think???????:dancing:

I don't think you'll experience what Woody had if the lokka was engaged.

One of Woody's front wheels lifted, causing drive power to shift from the one on the ground to the raised wheel, spinning the raised wheel like crazy. When this wheel came back into contact with the ground, the momentum of the spinning wheel did the damage.

With a lokka engaged, a lifted wheel will not spin any faster than the one on the ground - that's the whole purpose of the lokka.

Install and enjoy.

I don't think you'll experience what Woody had if the lokka was engaged.

One of Woody's front wheels lifted, causing drive power to shift from the one on the ground to the raised wheel, spinning the raised wheel like crazy. When this wheel came back into contact with the ground, the momentum of the spinning wheel did the damage.

With a lokka engaged, a lifted wheel will not spin any faster than the one on the ground - that's the whole purpose of the lokka.

Install and enjoy.

Could someone direct where this post is ?? Interested in reading up on it

Lol its never a straight forward job, look up oops i broke it... again in the d40 drivetrain section

Your right Old Tony.. I did not know how Woody broke the front diff. will try the rear locker first and hopefully it does what i need and make up for the lack of wheel travel. Thanks all will let you know how the rear lokker goes...

Easy money for someone to start making fabricated front diff housings out of steel. There is going to be a huge demand for them with all these front lockers coming onto the market.

Thanks 4 that Tony.... some interesting reading but no pics :(.... I was wondering if it was something similar that happens in the Vitara's that have Alloy Front Diff housings.... I gather (hope) that the front housings of the D22/D40's are ALL STEEL..... or are they Alloy :( ???

D40's front diff housing is cast aluminium alloy.

What about the D22's ?

I've had some bad experiences with Cast Alloy Housing in my Vit.... Now running Steel

Steel/Iron on a D22. But the rest of the front end components look like they where designed on the billy cart I built when I was 9.

I have heard rumours that a front diff out of a Titan will fit in a D40 (heard the motor too), I am going too look into it one day when I get up too that part of my build. Anyone else heard this?

I'd be interested in a front Titan diff ... if we discover that it's cheaper to bring over a couple or a few of these then I want to be involved.

I wonder about the axles though. If the Titan diff is larger, it's wider. If it's wider, then either the Titan's wheeltrack is wider, or its axles are shorter. I hope we can manage to work that part of it out before we outlay $ to find that we can't fit the buggers in.

Maybe we need to scour through the American forums for the Frontier and see what they've done.

Latest posts

Back