Need help with my waeco fridge, error light flashing!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmma221

Reaction score
Hay guys,

Ok I have a test for all of the tech head out there.

I have an older style waeco fridge- FC-60 with an anderson plug instead of the cig plug.

When connected to my dual battery system, the error light will flash once every 5 seconds.
I have been told that this is a voltage problem. The aux battery is a century N70ZZ4WD.

http://www.centurybatteries.com.au/search/index.php/batteries/ID-15

However, when I connect it to the 240v power plug the same error light flashes?

Has enyone ever had this problem before? I want to try and work out what it is before I take it to somone and give them $100 an hour to find the problem!

Without seeing it, at this stage I'd say an internal fault in the fridge...
is there any fuses/reset buttons in/on the fridge?

On mine when the red light flashes like that it means the battery voltage is low.

I had it happen over Christmas when the car hadn't run for a while, charged the battery and all good.

On mine when the red light flashes like that it means the battery voltage is low.

I had it happen over Christmas when the car hadn't run for a while, charged the battery and all good.

but its doing the same thing on 240

If OP's has an emergency over-ride switch maybe try operating that, it bypasses all the voltage protection and thermostat.

Could well be the thermistor as it's needed on both 12 and 240v. Probably one of those parts that cost more in labour than the part is worth.

Atleast at Nissan they don't rip you off like that, the A/C resistor is worth $140 and they fit it out of the goodness of their hearts under warranty :sarcastic:

Pm ridgie, he had a problem with his waeco turned out to be some fuse from memory

The polyfuse is another culprit but most times usually only effects 12v operation.

The same happened for the first time in 5years with my CF60 Waeco this Christmas past. Had it plugged into 240v with 4 lights and the boost on to chill it down to get ready to use. I don't know when it started to flash but I noticed it some time after start up and naturally panicked. What I did was turn off the boost and reset the temp back to two lights and it stopped flashing. Checked it occassionally and it seemed to be working as normal.We packed the fridge the next day and loaded it into the car on 12v and still went normally and when we got to destianation some hours later the fridge was unpacked except for a few beverages and remained in the car for the four days and then returned home with no more red lights flashing. I must add that when the fridge was packed and put into the car the temp was increased to 3 lights and that is where it stayed. I don't have a technical reason for what happened and it may happen again when next used. See what happens.
WaynD4T

JASON- Whats OP"s?

And yeah It does have an override switch but it still flashes if its in normal mode or override mode.

WayneD4T- I have recharged the battery to full and its still doing the same thing.

Time to break out the old esky for this trip! (The one thing I was trying to avoid!)

OP = Opening Post, Opening Poster, Original poster etc.

Where abouts are you palmma someone might know of a decent repair place to get it fixed, either the fuse or the thermistor should only be about a 30 min job.

Mine did the same thing.. wacoe said its a build up of pressure in front of the pump caused by pluging the fridge in and out without turning off the power button on the fridge first. The fix wes turn off for a few hours withe the power button first let the gas settle then plug in and turn on power button hopefully this works for you as it fixed my porblem and has worked iwhen ever i forget to use the stupid power button...

Latest posts

Back