Lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've got some PLC lights built into the side of the caravan. When we had tents, we used one of those LP gas lanterns - but we also hung hurricane lanterns around the place with citronella oil in them and used fluoro lanterns (Coleman) which could run off 12V or a pair of 6V "Dolphin" batteries.

These days you can't look past LED technology. We just bought 6 new interior lights for our caravan and they're so bloody bright, yet they use 0.1A each. We're so happy with them we're dumping the fluoro over the sink/stove and buying two more for there.

The bugger with LED and fluoro lighting is that it attracts moths.

I often use a set of LED lights mounted on the sports bar.These are wired through a 12v remote control to my second battery.Draw fark all.I have a dual 12v socket in my tub and use a 12v 5 meter extention lead and a 12v LED work light for inside my tent.Also have a small LED torch that will charge from a cigi lighter socket.

i made up my own setup we got led strip lights in & out side of our camper ive got a deep cycle 12v battery 2x 12v plugs above the right tail light for accesories i put power inside the camper into a 3 gang house light switch
1 powers a 24cm led above the bed
2 powers the main inside space (bags kids beds)erea
3 powers annex lights which are zip tied to the spreder support bars i have made it so i have the opion to light up 1 throw to all 6 via quick connections

DSCF3219.jpg

iv got 2x 35w led lights on my sports bar, i can turn them on via a switch on the back of my tub or via remote control upto about 15m away

I use ONLOCKS or navarians around camp! Just don't look at them if you want your eyes to remain useful! ONLOCKS double as a tanning salon.

Another bloke who left town has a couple of the Rigid Industries LED lights - not cheap - but a bloody good light.

I have an ebay cheap LED worklight on a decent length of cable to hang under the awning or in the tent - which plugs into a point in the tub. I have a couple more that I am looking to fix the mount to the canopy so when I make camp I can simply fix the lights to the mount and plug in.

Those flexible LED strips seem to do a good job also - especially in a tent or camper trailer.

Last edited:
Check out my build log. I've got 2x 24W LED Floodlights on the back of my ute (they cost me $70 each from the bendigo leisurefest) and i have plans to fit 2x 27W LED Pencil Lights inbetween them for more distance.

Good thread, i'm looking at fitting up some lighting to my D21 aswell, in need of a sports bar first tho (as i have the smooth tub without the cab protection barwork).

I'm hoping a D22 sports bar fits without too much of a hassle. Then looking to run an LED lightbar on the back of it, and since reading this thread possibly fitting a plug to the rear of the tub so i can run a light under my Oztrail gazebo.

Latest posts

Back