fitted my d22 2" body lift this wkend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben85

Reaction score
Got my kit off zordo before xmas, finally got some time to fit it.

It was fairly straight forward really. The cab is almost easier than the tray as the bolts are easier to get to, it just takes a bit more time with the extra bolts and the extra things like the steering shaft and radiator shroud etc.
The tray was pretty easy aswell, getting to the nut next to the fuel tank was the most awkward part.

The radiator shroud went back in with out having to be modified, I just took off the lower part. Seems to have enough clearance.

When adjusting the steering shaft I only extended it by 9mm at the top end as there didnt seem to be much to play with, got maybe 2 or 3 mm out of the the steering box end and used 4 washers as spacers between the rubber biscuit thing and the shaft mounting.

I didn't do much else, didn't disconnect any hoses or anything.

I jacked the body up with the sissor jack as the bottle jack didnt have enough extension, jacked it up via the side steps as theyre a bit bent already and will be replacing them with sliders down the track.

When I pulled the front carpet back to get to the body bolts the carpet underlay was a bit wet on both sides. Is this common? I havent been through any water crossings for ages, just been driving around town and the carpet doesnt smell wet our mouldy so I never would have suspected it.

After I was finished I took her for a spin up the road and back and all seemed good.

I still have to lift the rear bar, the bullbar - but i'm going to get a steel bar so i'll wait til I get that, refit tailshaft loop and reindex the splines on the steering shaft - I marked it with a dab of paint but I must have put it back 1 spline out as the wheels just off centre when travelling straight.
Then I'll be off to get the engineers certificate.

I'm also thinking about relocating the towbar 2" higher to help keep it off the ground. Im thinking I will cut 2" off where it mounts to the chassis and get some angle iron and bolt it up to the old chassis mounts and bolt it to the 2" shorter towbar.

Trailer will sit fine, might need to get a load leveling towbar hitch though. Or I could put bigger tyres on the trailer.

No, I just pulled the hose tight while put the screws back in. Its a tight fit.

Hey guys, how do you raise the bull bar after lifting the body?
Can you buy brackets or have them custom fabbed up?
Ta

good work getting it fitted mate

The wet carpet could have been some wet sprayed up from under the car if you've had rain recently. The bolt holes from the side steps in mine had a little give. Hope it wasn't too wet.

Bullbar fitting - there are two threads for lifting bullbars (Steel and Alloy). Basically it's drilling four new holes and away you go. Some pics of the steel in the stickie:
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=9346

and alloy is here:
http://www.navara.asia/d22-body-chas...body-lift.html

Pretty well always info somehwere if you can search. Have fun

PS - where's the pics of your ride???? Should be sitting nice by now

engineers cert was going to be $565 last i spoke with the engineer but that was a while ago.
still looking for a steel bar before i go an get it certified.

will upload a pic soon. i'm running the stock tyres atm so i dont think the pic does it justice, it will look better when i put the muddies back on.

jacko, my side steps have taken a bit of a beating so moisture could be getting in through the mount bolts. will eventually swap them for sliders.

Are you based in Queensland? Queensland doesn't do engineers certs for body lifts, they need to be inspected by the transport department.

It's a shame really, I woulda had mine done ages ago if that were the case!

heres a pic finally.

as i said the stockies dont look as good as with the muddies. will post another pic when i have them back on.

Attachments

• 05022012.jpg
    05022012.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 649
Do you need an engineers certificate if you do a 20mm body lift in NSW?
Am going to install a 40mm suspension lift, then one size taller in the tyres, all that with a 20mm body lift should bring me in the specs of a total 75mm, which I think soon will be the max total you would be able to lift a 4by.

pretty sure u need any bodylift certified.

bit of a waste of time going 20mm, might aswell just go 50mm to make it worthwhile.

not sure how you will go with engineering a airbag equipped vehicle though, aparantly it cant be done in vic, dunno about other states.

threw the muddies back on today.

Attachments

• 03032012.jpg
    03032012.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 583
i just put my body lift in last week on my single cab was pretty easy it was just the steering column that had me stumped abit... now i just have to lift the bull bar to suit because there is a massive gap between body and bar... another thing i want to know is what do i have to do to get the lift certified in Victoria has anyone done it who could tell me...

call up a vass engineer. not many around, but i think theres a list on the vicroads website.

Ben get on to Archie Robinson in Bayswater mate. He is brilliant. Looking at yours it is obviously 02 or 03 model with no airbags. You can't do a body lift on air bagged vehicles in Vic

Yeah scotty its 02, no air bags.

I spoke to a guy Allen, who operates out of campbellfield and also ferntree gully ages ago who i was going to take it to, he said it should be no dramas just got to inspect it after its fitted, said it would be about $560. If I have any probs there I'll give Archie a call.

I'm just waiting til i get a winch bar before i take it in, cant seem to find a 2nd hand one atm.

Latest posts

Back