D40 Trans Case Bash Plate

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siringo

Reaction score
I've spent a few hours trying to work out how to build my own trans case bash plate and have given up, there're just not enough mount points, so ..

Who makes the best transfer case bash plate for a Thai D40??

If it were up to me I'd get an ARB, but they don't split their bash plate kit up, you have to buy every plate.

So I'm left with Ironman, Brown Davis, Avenger and maybe some others I don't know of.

Any recommendations???

I've got stage one of my trans case bash plate done, got some 3mm mile steel bent up into shape. That was an easy part, the hard part is coming next, marking out the mounting holes.

I've never been too keen on any of the long trans case guards, so I'm modelling mine on the ARB model.. More later.

Made prototype v2 this weekend and it's good enough for me.

Too tired to type, so here's a bunch of pics from it loosely mounted and on the workbench...

tx_case_8_2.jpg

tx_case_3_2.jpg

tx_case_6_2.jpg

tx_case_2_2.jpg

I looked at the gearbox and don't think it needs much protection. I also looked at the tx case, it does need protection but I didn't like any of the bash plates available as I think there's just too much extra 'stuff' put under the vehicle and I don't like the idea of having the exhaust pipe covered over.

The ARB tx case plate is my fave, buy they don't sell it seperately (I also made my own sump guard), so I made my own based a little bit on theirs.

I'll see how it goes.

I was thinking the other day, I might knock up one or two and see if anyone wants 'em. I'm just real busy over the next few months. If you're not in a hurry I could most likely accommodate you.

Back