Quokka's Navara- Help is needed :)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuoKKa

Reaction score
Hey guys,

im new to this forum and i thought this would be the best place to get ideas for my navara. i purchase a 1997 single cab NAVARA with the QD32 in it. It is a pretty slow car but i got it cheap. thought it would be a good car to lug my dirt bike around in.

Anyways i would love thoughts an ideas on how to make this thing better because right now its pretty bunky. needs a new tail gate because the previous owner reversed into something.

few things i want to do with it:

-lift it to a good height but not too height that i cant get my bike on the back
-Tyres, something big but not too big that its going to make this thing slower

and also, has anyone done an engine conversion to this kind of model Navara before? was think maybe a RB25det or something would be fun.

here is a pic of the car

403879_10150586890734073_514654072_11046988_669941979_n.jpg

My friends and i have built some crazy cars (and 4wd's) before. built some crazy 180sx with 2.2 stroked SR20s etc. also built a GU patrol with a rb26, high mount turbo etc and this thing

Never heard of it being supercharged but it could certainly be done, and it'd be easier to fuel-tune for a supercharger than a turbo. Since they were factory turbo'd overseas, and since the TD27T stuff will bolt to it, usually that's what people do. They're engines built for a million kays, so if you don't mind forking out for more regular rebuilds, you could force some serious boost into it.

Nice build on the GU.

How is the RD28 gearbox holding up against the RB26 ?

Considered dropping a VG30DETT into the D22 ?

the gear box is fine with the RB26 its still going.

in the GU above, its got a built dog box and puts out around 800hp

didnt consider doing a VG30 aye. what box goes behind that? is there a box that goes behind a RB engine out of the Navaras?

also what are peoples thoughts on the 245/75/r16 Mickey Thompson ATZ 5-rib? this car will be driven daily and most of the time driven in dunes.

You'll have to use the front half of the Z32 box and the rear half off your existing gearbox should work.

Check out LINK's on the forum.

Back