YES or No To a GIC Camper?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Buz

Reaction score
Hi all. I am heading to take a look at a GIC offroad camper this week end so i have been searching around seeing what people think of them and there is so many mixed feelings and opinions about them and half of them are just hear say from a brothers uncles grandma whos next door neighbour had one haha. So this forum is usually very helpfull so i want to know from anyone who has one or has actually seen them first hand what they are really like? is the trailer a very strong build? and are the tents ok in quality?
Cheers in advance
Clint :cheers!:

I saw them at the Caravan & Camping Show here in Brisbane, the tent material quality was what stood out to me as poor.

The trailer looked ok.

Crap trailer is only exceeded by the even worse customer service. BTW they've had a fire there recently. check our www.myswag.org for advice

Cheers fallas the one im looking at is forsale in WA. its brand new not been licensed yet but got a rip in the tailgate cover in transport that i can get a mate to repair he is a motor trimmer. $4000 ono. Think its worth a look??

For $4,000. i would go for a look. Probably value for money and not too much too loose if turns out to be a pile of junk.

It has been over a years since we started doing the rounds of the manufacturers/assemblers in Sydney. GIC was the first place we went too and we were not too impressed. The search engine should cough up the comments I made. Basically all quality issues, like tek screws holding heavy loads on and protruding, etc.

A personal reason we for us not to go with them was that there was just too much canvas to be lugged around, but only two of us. YMMV.

I have a GIC camper and would not recommend them too anyone. I found my tent section to be really well made and good canvas, but I know they have changed them since then, but the trailers are just plan dodgy and crap. I have had to virtually rebuild the trailer to make it any good.
If I could do it again I would have saved up the extra and bought a jimboomba camper from Qld

If you have to and considering it's $4k, have a look otherwise save some $ and have a look around some more, there are sooooo many on the market nowadays.

Also think about where you'll be taking it. A mate of mine told me about how often he saw the cheap camper trailers just left to rust after they had broken down in the simpson.

Like anything you get what you pay for.

cheers guys I think ite a pretty cheap deal so i might still go have a look and if it turns out to be like a lot of you are saying il be heading straight back home haha
Cheers again

Latest posts

Back