wheel lugs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidmack

Reaction score
how do i change the front wheel lugs 2 have snapped,i got the wheel off and taken the bolts around the center out but it wont come apart for me to get the old ones out,do i need to take anything else off.its on a 99 d22 any help will greatly appreciated thanks.

i assume the by wheel lugs that you are meaning studs. (what the wheel nuts screw onto)

to replace these you need to remove the hub.
this involves
remove the brake caliper (it will come off as one piece and split apart off the car)
remove the manual locking hub (i assume 4x4)
remove circlip holding the inner bits of the hub together
remove wheel bearing retaining plate and nut.

then you should be able to remove this part off the car and put the new studs in.

and while its apart you might as well clean inspect and regrease the wheel bearing, make sure there is no visable heat marks water in the grease on pitting on the bearings.

then put it all back together

that is what i had to do on my d22 and i assums yours will be the same. I dont think remove the bake caliper and disc cover plate will let you push the disc back far enough to replace the studs with it together on the car.

i hope this is helpful
bryce

^ What he said, not to bad to do.

Haven't done them on a Navara but done them on FWD's.

Only thing missing is the hubs.

Latest posts

Back