My D22... this is where it starts..

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve998s

Reaction score
ok,
so for those who did not see my other posts, I managed to get a 1999, D22 3.2 4x4 for $1200... licensed and road worthy.

gave it a good scrub up at work so I could see what i would have to get sorted first.

Needs a centre bearing, which was ordered last night. There is the obligatory creak from the front end when you go up or down a kerb slowly but thats ok.

the front hubs are coming off soon to check them out..

Its done 230000km (i think) any things I should be looking out for that aren't so obvious

Sound Great mate. I paid 13k for my '98 with 219000 on the clock.
I know my centre bearing went so I had that replaced. I also had the tie rod ends replaced so check them out and see how they are.
If you don't mind the speed of them they are a bloody awesome motor. If you do wak a Turbo on.
Or if you have the cash source an EFI kit of the Elgrand.

Welcome mate. Good to see another QD32 on the forum

Yeah, its a bit sluggish, I am planning a turbo kit in the future, But I have an engine build going on with my Ducati, so I am waiting for the invoice on that one before i start throwing money at the Nav.
Steam pipe bends seem quite cheap.. There is a set of extractors on Fleabay that are only $180 so they could be cut up and re-shaped to suit a turbo, however the pipe wall is quite slim so they would need to be ceramic coated.
but thats no biggie

cheers
Steve

Hi all,

I am looking for an exhaust manifold to make a jig from. If anyone has one and wants to flick it, let me know. OR if anyone knows where i can get a turbo manifold from that would do too.

I am looking for oil pressure figures that these motors (qd32) if anyone knows what one should be putting out that would also be great.

Measured up the tray today, to take some width out of it so I can park down the side of my carport out the front and so the tray sits in line with the cab so i can get rid of the dopey truck mirrors that adorn it.

new rear leaves, 5 pack, $108incl ea... dont mind if i do!... the "w" shape I have does not feel right.. bushes 26.50incl for a rear leaf set.

Navara1.jpg

This is how I bought it..
Need anything transported australia wide?? you can call the number on the side..

Last edited:
slightly quicker than continental drift, but not too bad. Going to do a valve set on it today and mark the tray for cutting... rear leaves are bad, but its something i can tinker with.

Looking good mate. I do like the single cab series 1.
The tray would have a bit of weight in it should go better once its cut down.

yeah, it'll come up alright when I have some time and money to throw at it. the tray is only losing 170mm in width, just enough to bring it back in line with the sides of the cab so i can get rid of the scaffolding mirrors.

A friend of mine had mirrors like that on his hilux and we would drive past him on the highway and slap them in.
Injectors would be a good thing to do. I am planning on getting mine done next. I was quoted $560 for them to remove, rebuild and refit. Doesn't seem to bad for the fuel economy and power I would be getting.

There a tough donk the QD32. ZD30's, YD25's need to be maintained. Multivalve, higher fuel pressures etc.

There a tough donk the QD32.
Have to agree with that. I have heard they are being used in forklift now days.
Mine is an ex-company car, which means it has been flogged. It still purrs away until the noise switch is pushed in.

Latest posts

Back