Son of trials

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathand22

Reaction score
I have been thinking of entering this years SON OF TRIALS event that is held near Wombeyan caves about 40km from Mittagong NSW.

It is what the organisers call a "funkhana", it is aimed at families and novice 4wd's that use there 4x4's for every day drivers.

Your 4x4 DOESN'T need any mods, as the event has three classes and is aimed for the stock 4x4's.

The comp goes for TWO days and you can camp at the site, which is on the river. Entrey fee's and camp fee's are pretty cheap.

I was thinking a few more forum members might be interested.

I will include a link to the event so you can have look at all the details, where, when ect.

So far i have convinced my Cousin who drives a 07 hilux dc, my wife who will enter our 95 hilux dc, a good mate of mine who has a 91 hilux dc, and im waiting to hear from another couple that also drive 06 hilux dc, and obviously my self in my 2010 D40 ST.

As you can see by the list above i need a few more Navs to add to the list so as i dont end up being totally out numbered...

Anyway here is a link to the event so you can have a look and make up your own minds.

www.nissanpatrolclub.org/son_of_trials.php www.nissanpatrolclub.org/son_of_trials.php

If you do think you are interested let me know, or just throw up thoughts on this thread.

Cheers fellas, look forward to seeing if we can get a few forum members and their NAV'S in the comp :rock:

Below is a link to the pics thread from the actual event we ended up entering, Black nav is mine the old white Hlux with my wife driving, the new Hilux, 200 cruiser and landrover are mates. click on the link below to check them out.

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=12822&highlight=trials&page=2

Regards,
Nathan

Last edited:
It's a great weekend guys. I've tagged along with MacArthur 4wd club before and had an absolute ball!

I have just sent the organises an email asking what class i will be able to enter in, as the three categories for entry are in tyre sizes, 31inch, 33inch, 33inch modified...

As i Have 265/75/16 or 32's i was thinking i would have to be in the 33 class, BUT i am not sure.

So i will wait to hear from them before i fill in the entry form

I will let you know as soon as i hear from them.

Nathan

I have just sent the organises an email asking what class i will be able to enter in, as the three categories for entry are in tyre sizes, 31inch, 33inch, 33inch modified...

As i Have 265/75/16 or 32's i was thinking i would have to be in the 33 class, BUT i am not sure.

So i will wait to hear from them before i fill in the entry form

I will let you know as soon as i hear from them.

Nathan

Ok guys i just got the email back from the SON OF TRIALS committee, so here it is

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Your vehicle is perfectly suited for this event and you can enter it into the 31" Standard Class.

You can enter online at www.nissanpatrolclub.org

Kind regards,

Son of Trials Committee
Nissan Patrol 4WD Club of NSW & ACT Inc.
www.nissanpatrolclub.org

will look into it the wife is just getting used to camping what date is this thing i am keen to get the car dirty

will look into it the wife is just getting used to camping what date is this thing i am keen to get the car dirty

26th & 27th of Feb.
Click on the link and check it out, its a nice spot on the river, so the wife should like it.

Ok just found out from the last of the Hilux crew that they are in. That takes the total to 4 stinkin luxes and 1 Nav......
So come on guys dont leave me stranded......

i know the place river island nature reserve (clothing optional)my whole family used to go camping every school holliday at wollindilly river station down the road a bit further the one owned by brian cassburn a lot of happy memorys there havnt been there for about 7 years now but my brother tells me the place has gone to shit

i know the place river island nature reserve (clothing optional)my whole family used to go camping every school holliday at wollindilly river station down the road a bit further the one owned by brian cassburn a lot of happy memorys there havnt been there for about 7 years now but my brother tells me the place has gone to shit

Yeah strange place for the PATROL CLUB to choose for a competition, but the terrain is well suited i guess. They have held comps there for as long as i can remember, it use to be used for the nissan trials, but for the last 7 years a more tame set of tracks has been used for the son of trials.

Is the Wollindilly river station entry at the bridge that crosses the river, and you can camp on either side of the river?

Last edited:
Why cant you make it??
Its not that far, i went to stockton on sunday for a few hrs of sand driving.....
It should only take about 3hrs from Newcastle or 4hrs max if you stop heaps and sit under the speed limit.

Common you can doo itt!! ( you have to say that like Rob Schneider )

Last edited:
I leave for Bali on the 27th so I won't be attending is year guys. I'll be at tuff truck on the Saturday though

Latest posts

Back