Should Police Pursuits Be Stopped

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Police Pursiuts Be Stopped

• Yes: Definitely there is too much risk to innocent lives.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • No: Chase and risk is fine.

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Maybe: Treat it on a case by case basis.

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters
K

KraftyPg

With Dave being absent this thread's been a little quiet lately so for threads sake I'll try this one.

With a number of recent Police chases ending in deaths of either passengers or innocent people should the pursuit polices be changed to stop police chases?

Yes: Definitely there is too much risk to innocent lives.
No: Chase and risk is fine.
Maybe: Treat it on a case by case basis.

If toe rags know by speeding the cops will stop chasing them, Every mongrel will still put the foot down so they dont get chased

However if they stop chases and utilise the many other methods of tracking down people available to them they could save lives. It's not like they often chase highly experienced drivers who are capable of handing a car at high speeds.

Personally I don't know what the answer is but killing innocent people for the sake of chasing some dick down the highway at 150kph because of a petty crime is bullshit.

However if they stop chases and utilise the many other methods of tracking down people available to them they could save lives. It's not like they often chase highly experienced drivers who are capable of handing a car at high speeds.

Personally I don't know what the answer is but killing innocent people for the sake of chasing some dick down the highway at 150kph because of a petty crime is bullshit.

how do you know its a petty crime tho, it could be anything from just a random hoon, booze affected, to a scumbag bikie with a bootfull of guns and drugs.....

I think it is a Liberal vs Labour party thing.

The Greens are most likely behind the push & are being funded by the Soviets.

They got Harold Holt you know. Drowned my arse. Submarine, that's what is was.

Obviously I don't know if it's a petty crime but I would hope the cops who are supposedly good enough to drive a car in pursuit mode were also smart enough to know why they are chasing someone and therefore are able to make up their mind what is petty and what is serious.

However what I do know is that I wouldn't even sacrifice your life for the sake of catching a shoplifter and I'm not sure I'd even sacrifice it for an armed robber.

they should PIT like the yank coppers do, sometimes theres noway of telling if its petty or not, say they try to pull over a car because there tail light is out, they wont run for something petty like having stolen packet of chips in the car now will they its gotta be something half serious that makes them run

Obviously I don't know if it's a petty crime but I would hope the cops who are supposedly good enough to drive a car in pursuit mode were also smart enough to know why they are chasing someone and therefore are able to make up their mind what is petty and what is serious.

However what I do know is that I wouldn't even sacrifice your life for the sake of catching a shoplifter and I'm not sure I'd even sacrifice it for an armed robber.

doesnt work that way Krafty....if you run, you are guilty, plain and simple...of what you are guilty of, that will be found out sooner or later..

you cant put the blame on the cops...they're not the ones running through guilt.....if your not guilty...stop! when asked.

What about last weeks case where a car was chased by a Divi van at speeds up to 150KPH on the wrong side of the road and two innocent people died. Police radio has the coppers stating they are doing 150kph down the wrong side of the road entering the Princess Highway, sure the chase was called off not long after but had they not chased the idiot in the first place those two innocent lives would probably have been saved.

There is an argument that says if they didn't chase the speeding driver he could have gone on to cause more carnage and therefore the chase was worth it but it's not like it can be proven.

With risk to innocent lives even a slim chance I still say no chase is worth it but it's not that simple which is probably why there is no right answer.

Its a hard issue with a potential for a very sad outcome, And i feel for anyone affected by this very emotional issue, And there is not a easy answer, But i do believe that if drivers thought that by putting the foot down they wouldnt be chased more people would boot it, And even if police dont chase the mere sight of a police car would be enough to make most of these drivers speed of

Cops already need authorisation for speeds over 150kph in atleast some Aussie states yet we don't have heaps of chases where 151kph is reached because the perps know the coppers may not get authorisation.

What about last weeks case where a car was chased by a Divi van at speeds up to 150KPH on the wrong side of the road and two innocent people died. Police radio has the coppers stating they are doing 150kph down the wrong side of the road entering the Princess Highway, sure the chase was called off not long after but had they not chased the idiot in the first place those two innocent lives would probably have been saved.

There is an argument that says if they didn't chase the speeding driver he could have gone on to cause more carnage and therefore the chase was worth it but it's not like it can be proven.

With risk to innocent lives even a slim chance I still say no chase is worth it but it's not that simple which is probably why there is no right answer.

what about then, the idiot speeder who IS guilty of not stopping for a RBT, speeding, drink driving, numerous road offences and MURDER, had stopped when supposed to.
We all know the road laws, but unfortunately many think they are above them and fail to acknowledge the consequences of their idiotic selfish actions.

I still wouldn't sacrifice anyones life (even your life) for that person Krankin

Latest posts

Back