Ironman canopy wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nznav

Reaction score
Hey there,

Was just after some advice as I am electrically retarded. I've just brought a second hand ironman canopy with an internal light/brake light for my 07 dual cab st-x, it has the original wiring loom to run into the engine bay but that's about as much as I know. So would someone out there take pity on me and post a copy of the diagram? Or some instructions? I've emailed ironman with no result so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

I have the fitting instructions to install the wiring loom for a Genuine Snugtop Canopy if that will help. PM your email and I send you copy.

For the brake light it's as easy as splicing into the brake lights of the car. The brake lights come out with a 10mm spanner and the easy way is just use an inline splice connector to the brake light globe.

The internal light will obviously need a power source which if you don't have an Aux battery does have to go back to a 12v live source, and you easiest choice is a direct cable feed to the main battery via the chassis rail. You can probably run both light wires down into the brake lights then just continue onto the chassis from there, but if you have plans to install and Aux battery it's heaps easier to use that.

or you could do what Nissan did when they installed my canopy.. and wire the interior light into the tail lights.

That way, you have to have the headlights (or at least parkers) turned on if you want to switch the light on in the canopy.... Very convenient!!

Needless to say this was one of the first things that I re-wired.. directly to the Aux battery in the tub.

ARB wanted to do the old mans canopy that way, he told them to jam it. No idea what sort of logic idiot installers use for that sort of thinking but I reckon it's a shit of a way to make the canopy light to come on.

it is an incredibly shit way of doing it.. but it does not really surprise me...

this is why I like to do work on the car myself (other than saving money)

The other annoying thing ARB did when they installed the canopy on my old mans BT50 was leave the brake light on the back of the cab (which the canopy hid) connected so that at night the reflection comes off the canopy and lights up the back seat. That comes down to laziness which I guess wiring an interior light to the tail lights is just another form of.

I thought it would be something like wiring into the brake lights but the canopy has one wiring loom that has all wires to run into the engine bay with various connections. Might have to be a trip an auto electrician. Any suggestions for the gold coast?

The Nissan genuine canopy wiring harness is plug and play for the stop light. There is a male and female plug so you just plug the stop light plug into the harness then plug the harness into the stop light. Then there is a wire which is in small 10mm corrugated condut which plugs into a spare fuse in the engine bay. Needs to cable tied The interior light has power all the time. Have to remember to turn off. Sent a scan of the instruction manual NZNav. If anyone else wants to look at it PM me.

Back