Changing ECU

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longy509

Reaction score
If i put a new ECU in do i need to replace the keys as well and also where is it located

Last edited:
In theory you shouldnt have to and anything with your original ECU should be able to be reprogrammed into the new ECU
I think ( and am sure someone will know) that the BCM would deal with the ignition etc and the ECU takes care of the base codes

Cheers aussie i am thinking of getting a second hand ecu from the wreckers and getting it tuned that way i can keep the original one and put it back in when it goes into nissan.

We used to tinker on the GM808 ECU in the VN's etc and we could swap out the ecu without any issues with anything else in the car.
I dare say it should be similar if not same with our ECU

do you know where it is located i have to get the serial number of it is it the one under the bonnet on the drivers side or is it one of the ones under the steering wheel

Generally ECMs need to be programmed to the new car. As even if one option ie TC, air con, auto, etc it won't work. Also though i don't know about your d40 but every other car with an immobiliser has to have the ECM programmed to those codes off the OLD ECM.

or you can replace all the keys as well and ensure the donar ECM was optioned the exact same.

Are you getting a remanufactured one from injectronics? better warranty then new and must better price.

Latest posts

Back