D40 Nissan Canopy & my stupidity

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justdrinkbeer

Reaction score
Picked up a secondhand genuine Nissan canopy today, big thanks to Charlie (fatboy89) for teeing that up, much appreciated.

anyway, it didn't come with the fixings to attach it to the tub, can anyone pop photos or the like up of the fixings, looks like there are about 6x 10mm(ish) holes for that, but not to sure what they about to?

Now for my stupidity-
Took it to the painters to get it sprayed, can't fit it in but save money if you strip it yourself he says, no worries, just unbolting a few bits & bobs I think, put it in my garage standing on its end, and go to turn the trailer around, the tinniest of dinks on the passenger side glass and boom its in a million bits on the floor!

Anyone had this before? If so, where did you get replacement glass? O'brien said they have one in stock, but didn't know if it was lift up window or not.

Wreckers said no chance of finding one, but why not get perspex cut to size? Sounds good to me as it certainly won't crack again, but I think the glass is curved, might look a bit dicky, any comments?

Anyhow, looking forward to getting it done so I can actually work from the bloody vehicle

Rich

If yours is a SnugTop canopy with lift-up windows all around, I might be able to help.

I already have a piece of perspex cut to size, Rich. As it happens, mine did the nuclear trick too and O'Briens replaced it under glass insurance ... it's $900 if you don't have it insured. They replace the glass, the hinges and the lock (including the barrel, so you get a new key).

It takes 2 months if they don't have it in stock. I went to a signage place and bought a piece for $95 and cut it myself.

If you want to borrow it, you're welcome to come and get it. We do make a reasonable coffee and the BBQ out the back will provide for a reasonable lunch.

It'll also be helpful because I have one of those canopies and you can see the mounts first-hand. We could even take one apart so you can measure it all up.

Saturday?

While I'm thinking about it, do you still have any of that weld flex available?

Practically brand new rich ;). Went on and came straight back off. Back into the box. As said on the other thread. Should be made by snugtop. Give them a call and see how you go. Parts are chasing a window for me an I'm happy to attempt to get it at Staff rate. But they aren't having much luck...

Thanks for the offer Tony, its got to get sprayed first & o'brien think they have one here in Sydney (they didn't know the canopies had either lift up windows or pop out ones) so hopefully get it easy enough. I still have some offcuts of 10mm single insulated weld flex & maybe some 50mm single insulated, i'll have a look. Easy for me to get by the meter anyway, let me know the size & i'll price it up if you want. (50mm is too big, my dual battery was a nightmare to run as i'm extremely anal about wiring).
Charlie, thanks for that, i'll let you know tomorrow after I speak to o'brien, yeah it has snug top stickers on it, sales woman from o'brien had no idea what a "snuggle top" was, give me strength! And yeah, with a coat of paint it will be as new, god knows how I stick the window rubbers back on though, looked like sikaflex?!
Looking forward to actually being able to use it, will start the drawers this weekend and finish the dual battery hopefully, although with all the bloody stuff i've decided to put in it might take a while

Forgot what I was writing then........
Tony, won't make it up your way this weekend, i'll let you know when I can, let me see if I have any offcuts of cable first.
If you have any pics of the canopy fixings would be good.
Rich

Your in luck, I had a bracket sitting in the garage (snapped bolt). You Need 8mm Bolts 60mm long, also an extra locking nut for the bottom. You should be able to get the long nut which welds on the side of the angleline from Blackwoods or Electrical supplier. I use them to join thread bar when hanging cable tray. The genuine Nissan wiring harness part number is MK310-ECXXXAU. Nizzbit should be able to fix you up with one. Does the stop light and interior light. 1 hour to fit, plug and play.
PM if you need more details.

Attachments

• Snugtop Bracket 1.JPG
    Snugtop Bracket 1.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 176
  • Snugtop Bracket 2.JPG
    Snugtop Bracket 2.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 181
  • Snugtop Bracket 3.JPG
    Snugtop Bracket 3.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Legend! Thats what I was thinking it might be, thanks Bshifty, I think i've got some rod extenders in the shed too.

Tony, its 10mm sq (dunno how to do the little "2" for square) so CSA, i'll have a look this weekend for some offcuts

Good to hear mate!
I'll Check if I have any canopy fitting kits in pd on Monday. If I do I'll grab one. Make sure you bring it to me for service. I'll organize a Nav for you for the day.

hi there compleatly away from your little drama but i was wondering i have an old explorer brand canopy on my d22 serves its pourpose keeps rain of the dog when going away i would like to convert to lift up side windows does anyone know if this can be done.
thanks and good luck

Latest posts

Back