Starter motor problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael

Reaction score
Hello,

I've recently purchased a second hand dual cab Navara - 2006 model - basic version D series - 3l turbo diesel. I know nothing about cars - apologies.

I have a problem with the car and nobody seems to be able to help. In May whilst driving the car it stopped out of gear and stopped - everything including all electrics. My mechanic - he seems honest - after much checking identified the starter motor as the issue - it had stripped itself - all internal parts looked like they'd been smashed by a hammer.

A reconditioned starter motor was put in - everything was fine. Then this week the exact same thing happenned. Does anybody know what would cause this and how I would go about fixing it?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Michael

Have a 2005 3lt diesel went though 400mm of water all ok got home started and drove off made it 20m and it stopped no dash lights suspected starter but have notice has crackling noise out of battery disconnected sparked like dead short. did your do this too. havent repaired yet .beleive water cause starter to say meshed casing damaged starter and damage to loom . Is this possible common ?

Sounds like you have a short mate.

Get a auto electrician to check it out.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back