Auto Gear Box Problems?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CDY90

Reaction score
Hey guys looking at selling my manual d40 and getting an automatic to make it a bit easier for the wife to drive. I'm going to test drive a 2007 model auto tomorrow, is there anything i should look out for in the autos? we will only be towing a camper trailer weighing about 750-800kgs on the occasional weekend.

thanks again cody

the only thing I can think of is to check for torque converter shudder, other than that the auto's are good, I tow 2800kg with no problems at all. Wholesale automatic transmissions do a valve body upgrade and also a replacement torque converter that they say improves the vehicle, but they told me that the trans is bullet proof.. I am still considering the upgrades, but at this point it's not really needed..

+1 on that. The shudder occurs when gently accelerating from 75km through to 95km/h and it's because the torque converter clutch (TCC) solenoid can't make up its mind to engage or not.

It's not a common fault.

Take a look and see if the car's had a recall for the bonnet strap. If there's no bullbar up front, it'll have a sticker probably on the inside of the driver's door housing stating that IF you put weight on the front, you'll need a strap and stuff. If there's not been a recall on it, go whack your bullbar and winch on then take it to Nissan for some free HD coil springs.

Oh, the rear leaves will probably be inverted if they haven't been replaced. Not a warranty thing, we're looking at replacing ours with Sax triple-action springs.

Thanks guys, taking it for a drive at lunch time, so i'll take it out the road and see if it has the shudder. Is it a expensive fix if it does? I've got a d40 at the moment just in manual so i know how crap the leaf springs are.

Thanks Guys, took the nav for a test drive, 10 times nicer truck to drive then the manual, so we are trading our manual in and shud have for tomorrow. Didnt'have any sort of shudder so should be good.

Latest posts

Back