Dual fuel tanks D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben-D22

Reaction score
Hey guys, i've got dual fuel tanks in my ZD30 powered ST-R. It gives me about 200 litres of onboard fuel (primary 75 and second 120). Does anyone else have a setup like this? I'd be interested to see how your setup looks as I'm yet to see another one on a D22.

Cheers

Hey ben,

Your dual tank setup is unique and you may never find another setup the same. Most long range tanks have between 120-140l depending on brand. These tanks replace the main tank completely. If you don't mind posting up a picture of your secondary tank so some of us can see how it fits. I can see 120l main tank and custom 75l replacing the spare wheel under the tub/tray, but the other way around is unique.

RustyNav

Any idea on the brand ?

Any pics. Would love a second tank in mine. The I can laugh at my brother in his Prado.

What Rusty said, pics and further description please. You would have to one of a very few that has done this.

Hey ben,

Your dual tank setup is unique and you may never find another setup the same. Most long range tanks have between 120-140l depending on brand. These tanks replace the main tank completely. If you don't mind posting up a picture of your secondary tank so some of us can see how it fits. I can see 120l main tank and custom 75l replacing the spare wheel under the tub/tray, but the other way around is unique.

RustyNav

Thanks for the reply mate, I'm away at Kalgoorlie but i txt the misses to send me photos just for you lol. We'll see how i go.
The second tank deletes the rear muffler but I've still got the spare wheel under there. It adds a lot of weight, thats why its in the middle of a suspension overhaul. I purchased the car about a month ago, its my second D22.

Pics are coming in a few minutes, I don't know of the brand, its a very tight fit, the hoses aren't put in very well so i'm taking it out and redoing all the pipe work. Its got a minor leak too.

That's interesting it deleted the muffler and keeps the spare wheel still. Trying to work out how it all fits lol. Photos should be good

photo.jpg

Very interesting Ben. So my guess is thst the tank on the left is the aftermarket job? It also leaves enough room above? For the exhaust to go through and dump at the rear? Never seen it before.

The exhaust follows the tail shaft down and is wrapped in that fibre tape. The tank is hard up against the floor of the cab, which provides a pleasant squeak (hence why I want to rip it out and have a look over the tank).

Got the details for the original owner ?

Id be interested to know who made the tank.

Oh sounds like you may need to pack it down with something to get it off the body. But I'm pretty sure noone else has the same tank. Looks to me a complete custom job.

The guy I brought it off only owned it for 3 months, I paid 24k, its only done 64'000km.
The guy before him was a diesel fitter in Newman, which is where the Nav spent most of its life. You can tell its seen a bit of red dirt, shocks seem stuffed, lots of red dust underneith. When I get it out I might measure it up, take some more photos and post them up, I'm fifo so that might be a little while.

Does it use the standard filler or have some kind of twin filler like a GU or 80's?

nic.t said:
Does it use the standard filler or have some kind of twin filler like a GU or 80's?

It's got two fillers welder together, I'll post some pictures up soon of how it looks

Ben-D22 said:
It's got two fillers welder together, I'll post some pictures up soon of how it looks

The pics look a bit dodge, but it holds pressure. What do you think?

Attachments

• image-2169738499.jpg
    image-2169738499.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 152
  • image-2291010440.jpg
    image-2291010440.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back