Power Steering Leaking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hatch

Reaction score
I have a D40 STX 2006 Auto that is leaking oil on the top valve. Anybody else had an issue like this? My trusty Navara becoming not so trusty with 120k on the clock. I was told that the whole rack assembly should be replaced.

Any suggestions before I commit to a very costly replacement?

does work

a teaspoon of brake fluid or two will my stop it from leaking by thicking it up ,did mine a few years a go

Last edited:
I went the 2nd hand option from Adam at Niss4x4 (Thanks Scottybobcat). Wasn't prepared to buy a new one at prices quoted (close to 2K) and reconditioned ones hard to get unless you willing to send old for recon one and have vehicle off the road in process which not an option. Hoping the 2nd hand one will get me to the end of loan with 2 more years to run. Adam sounded like a good bloke and understood my "stress" in buying 2nd hand and gave me 3mths warranty to ease my concerns. Can't ask for better then that! I'll store my old one just in case I have to go down the recon path at a later date and if not I will sell on ebay.

Latest posts

Back