Cabin Vents

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siringo

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are closeable cabin vents available for the the rear of the cabin on each corner??

These sit a bit low and would let water in should a creek be deeper than expected.

There are a couple of vents in the back, but they are not closeable, they have a sort of rubber flap arrangement, such that if the pressure in the cabin is higher than outside, air will escape.

The way to combat water coming in these vents is to make sure your back windows are open a little when you drive through the creek, this makes sure the air pressure is equalised and there is no need for air to leave these vents.

I hope that makes sense (it does in my head)

Yep it does make sense, but I don't think those flaps could close tight enough to keep water out. The rubber is very soft.
It's a real bugger they didn't put some sort of simple latching mechanism on 'em so you close them some how.

yuh the rubber is quite soft.. but its the same mechanism used on most cars that I am aware of.

I think they only really cause a problem with water ingress if you are stopped in the water for any period of time... as always the key is to keep moving where possible... and where not possible... get out as quick as you can!!

My flps are all distorted, diesel and navara rubber dont mix. How can you remove the vents so as to repair

Mine is a king cab. I just removed the rear of the back seat.
The moulding pushes in from the outside, so you need to compress the clips on the inside of the moulding (inside the cabin) and push it out.

Be careful though, they're not very strong.

Just a thought, wouldn't it be better if crossing a creek or river to have the air cond. on fresh and have the fan flat out to try and presurise the cabin. Unless your planing to have the river flowing across the bonnet.

It wouldn't be better than closing the vents up completely, but it would work, you have to have the air con on recirculate and not fresh. But take a look at how light the rubber is that goes over the vents and you'll see how easily water could get through and around them. I can't imagine them every seeling tight enough.

Latest posts

Back