fitting 285/75/R16

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARENTSEN_11

Reaction score
G'day just wondering what is involed with fitting 285 / 75 / R16 to d22 2006 ZD30 dual cab navara...?

I have a 2 inch lift...do i need a 2 inch body lift from zordo to achieve this....?

Am i better off running a 15 inch rim and 33's...?

Do i need to change any diff or transfer ratio's...?

Will this affect my towing capability very much...?

Any of your previous knowledge would be real nice cheers

To fit 33's you'll need a 2" suspension lift and a 2" body lift, it'd also be worth your while putting the the diff centers out of the v6 petrol d22, as that will bring all your power band back into stock levels.

I'd also look at doing your usual power upgrades - EGR, 80series airbox, intercooler, chip.

how much will an 80 series airbox improve power? how does it? more air flow?

scooba_285 said:
how much will an 80 series airbox improve power? how does it? more air flow?

More and less constricted airflow which allows better combustion of the fuel, combined with the EGR mod, it does good things for the engine.

Nah mate, just 31.5's and regular diesel diffs. I'm gonna go upto 32x11.5's when I need tyres next. I'm putting a lokka in the front so I can't do v6 diff centers. As much as I'd love the extra clearance of 33's!

I have the Rapid chip
egr swirl mod
beaudesert exhaust
What intercooler would you guys recommend or one that you fella's have found works best for you...????
80 Series airbox never heard of that...like the sound of it though...is the much dickin' around to plumb it up...??

The 80series isn't too bad to plumb it up, i did it in a Saturday, and that was going a bit slow and taking my time, it help to really think it through and make sure to have everything you need to accomplish it. There's a few threads going around on it, so use the search function up top of the page to find them threads.

Yeah, I've got the 4wd systems lokka still in its box in the garage waiting to go in. They don't make one for the v6 front diff, but they do for the diesel front diff. Whether or not there is actually a difference in the diffs beside a tooth count, I have no idea.

Thanks heaps for the info...i was planning on putting in one of those front lockers until i found out my rear lsd is propper shagged....$$$$$wow....have to get it sorted out now and hopefully locked up pretty tight...!!

ARENTSEN_11 said:
Thanks heaps for the info...i was planning on putting in one of those front lockers until i found out my rear lsd is propper shagged....$$$$$wow....have to get it sorted out now and hopefully locked up pretty tight...!!

Get an air locker out in the rear.

Latest posts

Back