So called 50mm (2") Lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tappet

Reaction score
My fairly new D40 King Cab sits way down at the front it does have the genuine steel bar on it but Nissan say it's all within spec. No supprises there I guess.
Anyway today I went to 2 national suppension places for quotes. Said somthing like "G'day mate I would like a 2 inch lift for my Nav..." both said you will not get 50mm lift, you may get 35 at best, just the way the geometry of the suspension on the D40... One bloke said he did a D40 the other day and only got 15mm. I'll give them credit for the honesty
I was told the spacers for the top of the strut are illegal and they wont fit them. I didn't ask why but probably should of.
So why are they illegal what is the detremental effect of going about it this way?
One of the guys was saying the problem with the D40, the down travel is limited that causes the problems.
I can hold my own on the engine and electrical side of things but as you can tell suspension is not one of my better subjects.

Many Thanks

Hey mate,

i recently added a 2' lift to my truck, using a dobinson kit,
the final measurement was (if i can remember) was 50mm in the front and 65mm in the rear.
so far ive have bolted on an arb steel bar, tow bar side steps and Steel bash plates....

Adding spacers does level out the front and make the truck look great, however there is a price to pay. I had a talk to a 4x4 mechanic and he showed me i have roughly 80mm down travel and by adding a 15mm spacer id reduce that to 50mm.
add that to the price and its a bit too much for my liking just for looks.

As for legal, if the lift doesn't exceed your states limits and regs you shouldn't rind into any dramas.

thats what ive got from reading through this forum theses last few months,
hope im somewhere in the ball park :/ My 2 cents anyway

Lifted my 06 d40 spanish built nav a couple of months back lifted 65mm front 85mm rear no issues with wheel alignment and the extra ground clearance is great because they shaw sit low.. bigger al

On some early model Spanish trucks you cant lift the truck because there is no camber adjustment on the lower control arms. I was able to lift my KingCab 65mm at the front without causing any upper control arm contact with the coil seat and still able to get the factory 0 degree camber.

Last edited:
On some early model Spanish trucks you cant lift the truck because there is no camber adjustment on the lower control arms. I was able to lift my KingCab 65mm at the front without causing any upper control arm contact with the coil seat and still able to get the factory 0 degree camber.

And yes Strut spacers and extended shackles are not roadworthy anywhere in Australia, regardless of total lift height.

Yes I did hear that some of the d40 trucks had no camber adjustment's on the bottom arm but mine has the adjustment front and rear on the bottom a arm alignment came in spot on.

Thanks for your replies.

65mm lift at the front is good going. Wondering what springs you both used to achieve that?

Want to use Bilstien shocks but not fussy on the springs I use.

Thanks for your replies.

65mm lift at the front is good going. Wondering what springs you both used to achieve that?

Want to use Bilstien shocks but not fussy on the springs I use.

SAX shocks king spring front and 3 stage springs on the back and a very happy camper 65mm front 85mm back

Lift

I lifted mine apparently 2'' aswell with tough dog and yeh looks more like 1 inch.. however at the moment i have 32'' tyres.. the only thing stopping me from putting bigger tyres on is the front bumper gets in the way.

Would anyone know if i change front bumper for bullbar I will be able to fit 33''?

Well the only reason I know is a mate bought a D40 with spacers installed and it had just been thru rego and the only mention I could find on spacers was wheel spacers.
Just to be on the safe side see our friends at Rego.

I thought I read somewhere that strut spacers weren't legal, but I just checked the NCOP and it does mention lift blocks up to 50mm, so I guess that covers strut spacers.

I lifted mine apparently 2'' aswell with tough dog and yeh looks more like 1 inch.. however at the moment i have 32'' tyres.. the only thing stopping me from putting bigger tyres on is the front bumper gets in the way.

Would anyone know if i change front bumper for bullbar I will be able to fit 33''?

Yeah mate 100%, I have a 2" lift with a 35mm spacer up front, bit of elbow grease and a mash hammer to the guard aswell as some massaging of the inner guard and no scrubbbing at all. But when I had the standard bar rubbed like CRAZY, then went to a bullbar and no dramas.

The only spacers i could find it talk about is wheel spacers and they are a big no go
Same as shackles some states allow them others ignore them but in the ACT they pick on them
I think they are talking about the spacers that I have fitted Paul....mine are Snake Racing made and have been machined down from 35 to around 30 mm.

Attachments

• IMG_3904.jpg
    IMG_3904.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 100

Latest posts

Back