best all terrain in the wet

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparra04

Reaction score
time for new tyres
whats the best all terrain for wet weather grip on road

Last edited:
mate ur going to get mixed opinions here where set of tyres can last 60k and to go thru 3-4 sets to get really good advise from one person would be pretty hard. however iv heard yokies are really good in the wet BUT does not last long due to the soft compound

pirelli scorps got a good rap from 4wd action but exxy!!! could be inside advertising too. ;-/

DONT get SLIPstones (bridgestones)!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
i like my bridgestone 694's lt but thats the onl set ive tried so no idea if their the best but they wear really good and have heaps of traction on or offroad in wet or dry

... however iv heard yokies are really good in the wet BUT does not last long due to the soft compound

Yokies are like teflon, wet or dry. They also wear really fast. They're not cheap either. I rate them as low as I do Coopers :pissedoff:

I run BFG AT's and mine are brilliant in the wet. I was in QLD for first lot of flooding last year so they saw plenty of wet conditions and never had an issue with grip.

Mine have been on for 2 years now and still have plenty of grip wet and dry.

I would have a look at GT Radial's they hang on pretty well in the wet .( So I'm told !) they are hard to get so I got R/T's and are very happy with them on and off road

I like my s/t maxx Coopers, people bag them but they rag on nissans too and I replaced the hilux with navara

It's the old story you wont get long life and great wet weather grip in one tyre.
You can have your pick between long life, great wet road grip or somewhere inbetween.

It's the old story you wont get long life and great wet weather grip in one tyre.
You can have your pick between long life, great wet road grip or somewhere inbetween.

somewhere inbetween would be good

true, Mickeys are great in the rain too until they wear a little and compress. Then its not so good. Tappet is on the money, you can't have both no matter what anyone says.

I have been doing a bit of reading on Goodyear Duratracs, pretty much everyone has said they are great and get pretty good wear, I was going to get BFG ATKO's but having reasearched a bit its thrown a spanner in the works since I have had the BFG's before and know they are a really good all rounder.

Latest posts

Back