Clear IPF covers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
had someone (im trying to stay civil) yesterday open their station wagon lid and smash both my spotlight covers, anyone know where can get aftermarket IPF covers cos the $80 a piece i got quoted for IPF ones aint gunna happen. has anyone tried that clear rubbery stick on lens protector?
cheers Dan

$80 sounds a bit steep. When I bought my IPF lights they chucked the clear covers in for free because they were only $30.

i use liteskinz (clear plastic stick-on stuff) heaps!
i have converted some truck hi-beams to hid and have used this also.
fitted it to ipf extreme sport rectangular driving lights on my mates chev about a year ago and they get used almost every day and show no signs of lifting of discolouration, even with 100w bulbs.
even more impressive, fitted it to my dads hyundai (elantra, forgive me!) about 5 years ago ands it's still as new, as are the lights.
i can't recommend it enough!

while i think of it, i had a smash repairer demonstrate liteskinz durability to me about 13 years ago when it first came out. he fitted it to his v8 falcon wagon (ef or somethin, tickford xr8 typa thing, brand new at the time!) and he walked up to it with a 12" shifter in hand and laid a fair clout into his light and the shifter just bounced off it! impressive stuff but i haven't attempted that yet, i've seen it done and thats good enough for me. also, in the dozen of so sets of liteskinz i have used, none of the lights protected have been damaged.

turns out the bloke from arb meant $80 for the pair, prob a bit of missunderstanding on my part.
flashum, thats the sort of feedback i was hoping for, thanks, might get myself some before i head off next week.
thanks for the help. cheers

I paid $30 for a blue set not too long ago, for the IPF extreme sport 170's from UV4x4 brendale. You can have them for nothing if you want them mate, I prefer the clear ones (though the blue ones do look cooler!)

They are only 30 odd dollars a pair mate that is for sure.

Just sold a pair of amber ones on the weekend.

i get liteskinz from queensland diesel spares, they have a few shops throughout seq, if ur not near one of them i think repco sell em too, probably heaps dearer. if you are near a qds store pm me and i'll try to arrange discount for you

sorry havnt had a chance to jump on and see whats happening, thanks for all the replies and offers, i got some lightshinzs yesterday thro work for $35 a set, thought id give the headlights the same treatment, imagine those buggers would cost a bit to replace aswell. people seem to reckon this stuffs the bees knees so thought id give it a go. thanks for all the help..
cheers Dan

just clean lights with brakecleen first to ensure proper adhesion. make sure whatever you use to clean lights with doesn't leave oily residue. i find it best to cut covers a little too big then trim with a f*&kin sharp stanley knife for perfect edge.

Lots of people give these skinz a wrap, but I found one bad experience on the web (probably not applied correctly), might have to give them a go.

the only thing that will bring these unstuck (pardon the pun) is dirty lenses or wrong cleaning agent. do this right and appreciate this awesome product.

Latest posts

Back