Strut bush problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nakkers

Reaction score
When I bought my D40 it had an Ironman lift kit already installed. Not long after I got it the lower strut bushes became very noisy. Ironman in Clayton swapped out the bushes for $90.00 and I was one happy camper, that was 2 months ago and now its noisy again. Rang Ironman back and they said they remember my car and that the holes on the control arm mount for the struts were bigger than the bolts,WTF ! they think the movement is there ? Has or is anyone else having this problem. They said to bring it back and they would check it out.
Possibble remedies,
1 Weld washers on with the right diameter ( I don't like this idea)
2 Bore out inside of bush to suit bigger diameter bolts although they said this would be hard as its surrounded by rubber.
3 New control arms

Just wondering why I have this problem ?

I have the PRG struts in mine and had the same issue with the bolt dia being smaller that the hole. Easiest way is to make 2 small adaptor rings.Basically making the holes in the mount the same dia as the bolt.
Bought a larger dia bolt anda drill bit the same dia as the bolt. Drill down the center of the bolt . Then file down the outer dia of the bolt to fit the hole in the mount. Once you have that cut them off using a hacksaw to the correct thickness.
All this would take minute on a lather but it can be done at home with basic workshop tools
Basically its because the supplied bolt is too small so it fits through the bush. The factory unit is bigger in dia .
I didnt worry about mine as the strut is designed as a direct replacement in a Frontier and the Navara is slightly diferent

Latest posts

Back