Sax 3 stage leaf springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
As title describes that I am wanting to know if people are running these 3stage leaf springs.5year warranty and 30day money back if the product doesn't work. They sound dam good and are adjustable to suit what you are carrying. Also I should see an increase in torque around the 5-8% cause you don't get the rear end drop when taking off. Also increase in fuel economy don't know how. Everything sounds legit apart from the price tag but if they. Outlast the car well they may be worth the coin. Also he can guarantee my car will feel like driving a sedan. I guess if I couple these leaf springs to adjustable shocks they will perform well but I just don't know.

Any ideas would be tops

I am dropping in to see the guys this afternoon to see the product face to face and get a feel.

Rusty

From thy conversation on these springs with the sales dude. He was telling me that these springs are a top unit on the d22 as he has one and they have also installed hundreds on other navs. They have 4 different packs ranging from low to mining spec. The kit I was told would suit my needs is the performance kit and apparently they will still take an easy 600kg easy if they are required to. Still flex like the comfort kits etc. The more torque thing was more aeound these springs dont ler the back end droop down on take off

They look pretty decent, and should keep the back end sitting up nice and proud. But I don't think you'll get any good up travel in the rear while off roading. These look pretty well designed to keep the back end up, even with massive load.

Would be excellent for touring though.

Alright so more updates.

Here is a link for there item saxsuspension.com/tsds.html

Now I stopped into CVSS suspension in Springwood to look at these things first hand, and all I can say is wow the are built to last. I am still thinking the website has the stages around. wrong. Meaning stage 1 is the main leaf pack, stage 2 is the assist spring on top and stage 3 is the bottom 2 load leaves. The stage 2 spring assists stage one before it hits stage 3 which is apparently nearly never. The assist leaf on top the shackles is completely adjustable in 2-3 stages simply by moving the pin/ greasable shackles pin.

Joshman- I see where you come from but I have been informed you will still be able to tuck a 32" tire right into the guards when empty with these springs. And they droop quicker which gives you quicker response for keeping wheels in contact which in term makes it smoother and more comfortable

Rusty

Oh and I forgot to add in that the adjustable assist spring on top ( stage 3 in there diagram) always keeps the main leave pack (stage 1) preloaded all the time making it act like a shock absorber and keeps loading up as the weight piles on. So there is no constant maintenance to the springs, meaning no resetting leaf packs all the time. Also the swing away shackles on the stage 3 which is the adjustable assist spring allows the spring to move and flex as the car needs

They seem to look like HD Springs with the Ironman Load Plus attached.
If you get a set I would be interested see your review. I need to get new suspension and would like to do it only once in the life I own the car.
What was the pricing anyway Rus?

Don't get shocked when I throw this price up but I got priced

$1250 if I fit it. That's come with all bushes and ubolts etc to suit the car. If you already have the greasable shackles they take $100-150 off the price. Now I know its a crazy price but 5 year warranty and the should pretty much Outlast the car by a long shot. The price does not include shocks. If you have aftermarket shocks already they will work fine.

$1250 isn't bad if they do the job.

The alternative is air bellows @ $1,000, which need to be adjusted, can be damaged much more easily ... I think I'm about ready to order a set of these. I'll discuss it with the Minister for Finance and see how we go.

Yeh mate it sorta did I think. As i said its a crazy price but it may even Outlast the car. No maintenance and no need for spring resets etc. Springs are always preloaded using the 3rd stage spring.

I'm still going around in circles with this suspension stuff. Hd kit would work but would be rough when I have the car unladened most of the time

$1250 isn't bad if they do the job.

The alternative is air bellows @ $1,000, which need to be adjusted, can be damaged much more easily ... I think I'm about ready to order a set of these. I'll discuss it with the Minister for Finance and see how we go.

Tony can you let me know you closest supplier as I may be able to get the price down if I can get a few more people onto them. I don't know how you would go unless your wanting to now lift your car? You may need to upgrade the shocks and front strut etc aswell? Maybe best to contact and find out a price at your closest supplier.

Air bags are around $450 tops.....I have them in my Landcruiser along with variable rate coil springs..the air bags are great for topping up with a big load.

AusGuard180.jpg

I've got a fair amount of weight on the back already. I've got the Ironman Load Plus springs cranked up as far as possible and the leaves now make contact with the chassis when I go around a corner.

I have HD springs up front already, courtesy of Nissan. I didn't want to lift the car so soon (for personal reasons, some people here know why), but with the rear of the car sagging as badly as it has now, I think I need to do it sooner.

I don't know who the local guy is. I was going to ring them and ask them to freight 'em up!

Air bags are around $450 tops.....I have them in my Landcruiser along with variable rate coil springs..the air bags are great for topping up with a big load.

I was quoted $1,000 fitted for Firestone air bellows - these have a wider plate at the top to protect the chassis from the usual single point of impact. That was from ARB Newcastle, I've not had any issues with those guys so far.

I've got a fair amount of weight on the back already. I've got the Ironman Load Plus springs cranked up as far as possible and the leaves now make contact with the chassis when I go around a corner.

I have HD springs up front already, courtesy of Nissan. I didn't want to lift the car so soon (for personal reasons, some people here know why), but with the rear of the car sagging as badly as it has now, I think I need to do it sooner.

I don't know who the local guy is. I was going to ring them and ask them to freight 'em up!

Yeh tony the reason I asked was that I had heard the personal reason. It's up to you. The have another supplier gold coast and Victoria but I would ring and see if anyone is closer. If not ring the cvss branch in springwood Queensland and ask for Luke or John and say you spoke with Russell. They will know who it is. They will give you the best possible information for you. I would even suggest ringing zordo about shocks instead of getting there brands ones which are rebadged lovells.

These blokes sold the ironmam load plus kits and had way to many comeback snapped in lots of places. If you look at the equalizer kits they have the same greasable shackles thing as the one on the tsds system springs. But at $480 for the kit you may aswell save the extra dough and get the springs.

Latest posts

Back