Tyre Presure

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
standard 265/70/19's?

I dont think they ever came standard with 19's mate. I think the general rule is to drop them 20% from the manufacturers recommondations, but obviously that changes a lot for what tyres you have and what terrain you are on.

Thanks Jason / Matt76, some interesting reading. I run 35psi on the roads, but find thats its to hard on the dirt. Use my vehicle for mountain traks so will try the 20% rule and let you know.

Sorry Matt76

Tyre size is 265/70/16

Ah yeah I thought that might be a typo. I would try 28 on easy stuff and drop it if you feel them spinning around too much. Thats just my opinion though, everyone will have different ideas. Experiment and find out what works best for you.

for the short time i had the factory tyres, i was dropping them to 18-20 psi

what are the factory tires over there ?
(we got wranglers as part of the deal when we bought it)

i haven't actually played with tires pressures for off road, simply due to heavy loads and no way to pump them back up.
however interesting talk the other day with ARB guy. basically go as low as you can until they fall off ! ! ! a lot of tires, 10-15psi provided no sudden turns and keep speed down. of course that varies depending on weight you have onboard.

what are the factory tires over there ?
(we got wranglers as part of the deal when we bought it)

Tweak'e the Aussie D40's come with dreadful Continental ContiTracs. Although I noted yesterday on a LE Titanium the Wranglers were fitted.

i think we/nz normally got bridgestone of some sort. wranglers MTR where an upgrade package.

My 08 D22 came with 265/70/R16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T D693's not bad for a stock tyre just wont last very long I think.

D693

with the 265/75/r16 ATZ was runnin 40psi on the black stuff 22 in the bush and 18 on ther beach
now with 285/75/r16 droped to 35 on road only been on the sand once so far and didnt drop them was about the as 28 in the old so should be great when i drop them right down to 18

i have 265/70/16 yokohama geolander ATS and on road run at 39 psi i do mainly beach and dune driving off road and have my stauns set at 15 psi and i find that there is not many places i cant go if needed i can still drop them lowest ive been is 8 psi and not had a roll of yet (touch wood)

The standards are Bridgestone Duellers, not to bad but fitted a set of Cooper's to my last vehicle and found them to be better on and off road.....cost less too!

265/75 x16 cooper stt
front 30psi - rear 28psi on and offroad.. i dont feel i need to change them between on and offroad.

cheers mark.

Back