2011 D40 Speedo Signal Wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imcrzy

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering if anyone here can tell me where the speedo/odometer pick up signal from is there a speed sensor on the side of the gearbox or does it pick up from somewhere else??

From memory of previous models I think it picks up off all four ABS sensors. I'm sure the answer is in these pages somewhere.

Ans welcome to the forums.

If one of the sensors reads a different speed (not sure of actual difference) it locks out 4X4.

Welcome to the forum.

The speed is definitely read by aggregating the input from the ABS sensors. There is a revolution sensor on the gearbox, and it uses that information along with the ABS sensors to determine whether or not you have traction. Too great a mismatch between the ABS and revolution sensor and 4WD is locked out as Leprechaun said.

The ECU is quite accurate with its speed IF you have standard (255/70R16) tyres on. The speedo is NOT accurate, and does not reflect the speed that the ECU knows - the needle itself is out, not the ECU.

Fitting a Jaycar Speedo Correction Kit to the Navara will probably just break the Navara. At best, you'll never be able to engage 4WD because the kit will always toss a bad signal for the revolution sensor on the gearbox!

If you're trying to get an accurate speed, go and buy yourself a cheap GPS unit and use it - at worst they have about 1% error. You can also get them for as little as $79.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone i've been on here reading just never posted until now!!
Thanks also for the info btw my car is a 2011 Navara STX 2.5TD Auto
When i go on long trips i do use my GPS as a speedo as its about 10kmh out at 110kmh
I was more so wondering if there is any way of dropping the odometer out by disconnecting the sensor on the gearbox like on older vehicles

Your speedo is typical of ours.

The odometer function is also read from the ABS sensors. You could unplug the sensors but then you'd have a warning light appear, you may not be able to engage 4WD and you wouldn't know when to service the vehicle.

I was more so wondering if there is any way of dropping the odometer out by disconnecting the sensor on the gearbox like on older vehicles

is that so you can sell it in the future with low milage but old truck:confused2:

WARNING, WARNING,

DANGER, Will Robinson

Same trick used to work a treat in Budget trucks when we used to hire them for gigs around Vic. Going from Gippsland to Melbourne or Geelong and only clocking up 40ks was good for the hire bill. Of course I'd never advocate such behaviour because it's naughty

No its a novated lease car and im going on a trip was trying not to blow my km's out by too much!!!

Latest posts

Back