Nissan Navara sales - QLD - 6 months to 01 July 09

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Reaction score
Just reading my RACQ magazine and found something interesting.

In the 6 months from 01Jan09 to 01Jul09 the Nissan Navara was 6th highest selling vehicle. Top ten were:

1. Mazda 3
2. Toyota Corolla
3. Holden Commodore
4. Toyota Hilux 4x4
5. Ford Falcon
6. Nissan Navara 4x4
7. Toyota Hilux 4x2
8. Mitsubishi Lancer
9. Hyundai Getz
10. Hyundai i30

The top selling Pick up/Cab chassis was Toyota Hilux with 3114 (24.6%) and the Nissan Navara came in 2nd at 2711 (21.4%).

As for passenger car sales, Nissan didn't even make the top 10 (which means they sold less than 3.7% of total sales, beaten by the likes of Suzuki & Volkswagen). Easy to see which part of their line props up the company :big_smile:

Interesting stuff.

i'm suprised. nissan makes some great cars.
unusual to see someone topped the toyota collora !

I would assume that would include D22 and D40 together so to models together really. Be interesting to see current sales as D40's are like rocking horse poo.

True

Yep some colours and specs if you order today will be lucky to be delivered in October/November.
Look out for less cars from Spain and more from Thailand.
Look out for something like an ST model between ST-X and RX. You heard (well read) it here first. :santaclaus:
BTW I didn't write this I think someone hacked my ID. :big_smile:

Means if we combine Hilux 4x4 and 4x2, guess what the aussie number one selling car is ? A ute... well we did invent it :)

that's amasing, d40's are everywhere on the roads. didn't think about new stocks. it took less than 2 weeks to get mine in february but i've been told there's a 4 month wait on hiluxs atm

could you imagine ordering your new car and having to wait 4 months before you got it? it'd be ok if it were a hilux, hopefully youd either realise your mistake and cancel or be simple enough to not notice it hadn't turned up yet, but, for the more disconcerning navara owner, it'd really suck! 2 weeks was bad enough!

it'd be ok if it were a hilux, hopefully youd either realise your mistake and cancel or be simple enough to not notice it hadn't turned up yet, but, for the more disconcerning navara owner, it'd really suck! 2 weeks was bad enough!

That's pretty funny :big_smile:

I would like to see the above figures with Government and Fleet sales removed, I think the Navara would beat Hilux on pure domestic/private use.

Lot's of mines, councils etc up here use the Hilux.

Latest posts

Back