Which LED 'work light'

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maho

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Im looking at mounting an LED work light on my rear tool box, which also houses my dual battery set up. Im going to wire it directy into my fuse box via a switch.

My question is, what size light is best? Has anyone else got something similar? What output does yours have and is it bright enough?

It will be mainly for use when camping. There are so many varieties out there, from 2 LED to 8 LED, 800 lumens to 3000 lumens, how bright is 1500 lumens anyway?

I dont want to fully light up the whole bush!

I had 2x 15W LED work lights I got from ebay on my last ute, about $50 each, awesome for working & reversing but way too bright for camp lights.

Probably going to put some of that flexible LED strip in warm white on my awning when I can be arsed putting it on the car

Iv got 2x 35w led lights on the back of my ute and they light spot fires 80m away. You can never have enough light in my book

So how do you guys have them wired if they are for reversing and camping?

Or do you have them switched in cab and turn them on when reversing?

I was goo g to have my switch in my tool box, so is just accessible when camping, not driving. Maybe I should switch them in cab and can then use them when reversing also.

So how do you guys have them wired if they are for reversing and camping?

Or do you have them switched in cab and turn them on when reversing?

I was goo g to have my switch in my tool box, so is just accessible when camping, not driving. Maybe I should switch them in cab and can then use them when reversing also.

Put in a relay, activated by either the reverse lights or a switched +12V

My lights are wired to my second battery that is in my tub and i switch them on via the remote control.
Very handy while camping.

Latest posts

Back