Offset query

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deanosan

Reaction score
:redcool:I am in the process of getting new tyres for my 06 D22, and have whittled it down to BF Goodrich A/Ts. Going for a standard size. But while I am at it will get a set of King Terra black steel rims (sunraysia). Have thought about an offset of -20 which I believe will give a deeper dish without going outside the flare. Can anybody give me for or against tyre choice and any advice regarding offset recommendations for the steel rims, thank-you.

standard offset is +40. I put +20 sunny's on mine. I have heard of someone with +0 offset but I reckon u'd be stressing the cvs too much if you go into the ive's

tyre choise - depends on what you want to do? Plenty of info in the D22 tyre thread section on this stuff already :)
http://www.navara.asia/forumdisplay.php?f=71

have fun

Lj

I wouldn't have thought the offset would stress your CV's too much. Al on this forum is running a set of 0 offset rims. They look awesome.

It won't stress your CVs nor will it worry your bearings, If you've ever pulled them out you'll see they are pretty much as big as the patrol wheel bearings so the little extra offset will be a nonissue. -20 will stick out a around an inch, too far..go for 0 offset as a maximum, a lot of people are happy with +20.

Go for 8inch rims as the extra inch makes the tyre sit much more straight on the sidewalls with 265/75s and improves the handling and wear on the edges.

you will get the cv story off most tyre / rim retailers. Seeming as Al has checked this out himself, then prob good advice.....

personally I would think a wider offset is like having spacers which does slightly increase the torsion angles and therefore pressure on your joints and CV. However with a wider rim you counter this a bit as well with extra width on the inside of the wheel.

cheers lads!

Back