D40 Nissan Bullbar Help Please

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamkiwi

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I brought a Nissan Bullbar for my 07 D40 RX (Spainish).

I am getting Nissan to install it next week but I have no idea what mounting parts I will need.

It didn't come with anything to mount it.

Does anyone have any idea what I need to get?

Thanks in advance

Thanks a lot for the help. It seems I can get everything apart from the chassis mountimg plate. Nissan nor arb do them apparently.

Might have a useless bullbar unless a wrecker has one theyd part with.

Thanks a lot for the help. It seems I can get everything apart from the chassis mountimg plate. Nissan nor arb do them apparently.

Might have a useless bullbar unless a wrecker has one theyd part with.

Can't be that hard to make the bits needed if it comes to that.

Someone on here will put pics up if you keep asking, I don't have one sorry

Can't be that hard to make the bits needed if it comes to that.

Someone on here will put pics up if you keep asking, I don't have one sorry

The "bar" to chassis bits are a Box section type unit with a "crumple" section built in, while you would be able to make something like it, building one the will still allow airbags to work (if fitted) would be a bit of a task.

the 07 spain chassis should have two 12mm fine pitch bolts holding the bumper support, they are verticaly stacked and about 130mm apart.

ARB wont sell a mounting kit nor will nissan, how do I know? I went to fit my ARB bar yesterday, cut the bumper, removed the bumper support, mounts did not fit, it is for a 2005-2010 (pre may) spain chassis, mine is a 07/2011, it is different, whole bar is different, so a few frantic phone calls, and "Out of Town" 4WD at wallsend called back to say they had a Deluxe bar to suit in stock, so I spent some coins ans have just finished fitting my new ARB "deluxe" bullbar to my D40.

The ARB commercial bar and mounts I have is now to be sold.

I was planning on putting a 50mm lift under ute this month, but the Bullbar has eaten those funds, so suspension next month, lockers the months after, then I will be due for tyres.

PS, I am happy to post some pics of the mounts if you like, but believe me, it would be a big job to build them, I could have cut and shut my mounts and or chassis, but in the interest of insurance and safety, decided not to.

Last edited:
What chris said. The irons need a crumple zone in them for them to be air bag compatible.
Try Niss 4x4 in Williamstown in Vic. 0393999771 Adam has plenty of d40's there both spanish and thai. You may be able to get a fitting kit off him if he has a car tat has been hit from the side and damaged the bullbar without damaging the irons

Really appreciate the help guys. Chris, would you mind taking a couple of pics for me?

I will put one up tomorrow as I reckon I have the crumple mount already, just not the chassis face plate.

Fitting bullbars is not really my forte .

Hi again all,

I am still struggling to find the chassis mount plate, shims and captive nut plate. All these bolt on to the end of the chassis.

Trouble is Lakeside Nissan have cut my bumper rendering my car unroadworthy until sorted. After them ordering the mounting kit they told me they could fit the bar. They obviously didnt check everything in the mounting kit before getting the saw out!!

Will see how this pans out on Monday :/

Latest posts

Back