ARB Sahara Bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Namehog

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Just wondering if any one has any thoughts on the ARB Sahara Bar (Pros and Cons)
I am pretty keen on it and have started getting prices and there Seems to be a fair bit of price difference from one ARB to another, up to 10% in one case. Thought it might be worth waiting till the Brisbane 4x4 show next month and try my luck at a "show special'.
Cheers

If I had my time over again I'd take mine to ARB for the bullbar and get the sahara or the deluxe bar, so that I didn't lose the fog/running lights.

Not sure I'd go alloy, I do think steel is stronger.

I had a Sahara on my D40 and it copped some good hits from banks etc when 4wding with even looking like bending it. I'd get another in a heartbeat.

I got a Sahara Bar after seeing pic's of Matt76 rig. I got mine color coded and also got the fog lights. Ask for your originals back if you have them and put them on eBay. No complaints about the bar. Think it all comes down to how much you can afford. Heard alot less bad reports about ARB bars compared to others.

Last edited:
I've seen TJM now make a bar that very similar to the Sahara bar.
Also Ironman do one too, but it has headlight loops too.

Thanks for the replies ,
I have ordered the Sahara Bar and am awaiting delivery. Chose not to get the foglights as i think the money will be better of spent on Spotties.
End up going with the Std ARB Millenium Grey colour as i have the Storm Grey Navara. I will be fitting the bar myself so am open to any tips and tricks. ( Nothing like taking to a perfectly good bumper with a Jigsaw ).

I assume that the Sahara bar has the plastic recess fo the indicators & provision for the fog lights like the Deluxe bar.

If so it is easy enough to fit them later yourself. The lights are 70 odd dollars a pair you only need to replace the indicator stalk for about $125.00.
Use the existing wiring & you are set.

I should have added unless your's in an ST-X in which case you have the right indicator stalk.

Last edited:
i've been eying off this bar as well. done, mine is storm grey as well and wouldn't mind some photos when you're done just to see what it'd look like.

Finally got a chance to fit a few bits to the Navara. First up was my ARB Sahara bar.Definetly glad i installed it myself,1st off because i am a tight ass ( ARB wanted $270 to fit ) and secondly i enjoy working on my own vehicles. I have attached a photo of the vehicle before and after. While i had the car in the shed i also installed my UHF ( GME TX 3540 ) and my IPF spotties. I end up cutting off the poxy switch that came with the spotties and got myself a ARB style rocker switch from Customrockers
20120426_165821.jpg

20120513_154107-2.jpg

Photos1352012294.jpg

Photos1352012293.jpg

Last edited:
Just thought i would put up a couple of photos of the UHF install,
End up mounting the main unit to an existing bracket.All the wires for both my spotties and the UHF were run through the drivers side grommet in the firewall.
Photos1352012282.jpg

Photos1352012281.jpg

Latest posts

Back