G'Day all & D22 inclusion question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pesty

Reaction score
G'Day all,
I have a D22 DX (single cab) 4x4 which I purchased in Late April 2009.
All in all I am quite happy with my vehicle, I use it as a work horse and it seems to cope with most situations.
From what I can glean from various sources, the current D22 has stayed as an identical package since early 08. By that I mean the inclusions such as ABS, SRS air bags and seat belt pre-tensioners. So I guess what I am asking for is confirmation of this because my Navara does not appear to have these inclusions.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi mate, welcome to the forums.

I just checked the spec sheet from the website dated Nov08, it states that you should have SRS Air Bags and seat belt pre-tensioners but not ABS. The 4x2 DX got all 3.

I also have the April 09 spec sheet from the website and it states that both models should have all 3 items.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your reply, it is much appreciated!
Do you happen to know of any mechaincs in the Brisbane north area who are knowledgeable with this model. I would would like to be as armed as possible before I start any table thumping at my local Nissan dealer

Thanks for your reply, it is much appreciated!
Do you happen to know of any mechaincs in the Brisbane north area who are knowledgeable with this model. I would would like to be as armed as possible before I start any table thumping at my local Nissan dealer

No I don't sorry mate.

If you want me to email you the pdf files I have of the specs let me know.

steering wheel should have it written that it has an airbag. I Imagine with the pretensioners you can't really see without pulling pillar apart. ABS should show light during selfcheck then goes off.

Yes Jason I would love to get the PDF files on the specs.
And Woznme (love the name BTW) there are no air bag logos' on either the passenger side dash or the steering wheel, also there are no fuses or realays in the places thay should be for any of those things. A mate of mine as a mechanic and he did point these things out, unfortunately he is not working in his trade anymore and may not be taken seriously enough.

I still have my d22 brochure, which you can pick up at any nissan dealer, which says " "All models also feature standard driver and passenger front srs airbags and seatbelt pretensioners" ... " All models feature ABS..."
I got mine in June this year.

I still have my d22 brochure, which you can pick up at any nissan dealer, which says " "All models also feature standard driver and passenger front srs airbags and seatbelt pretensioners" ... " All models feature ABS..."
I got mine in June this year.

Yeah I have one too. Fortunatly it came from the same mob who my broker got the vehicle from.

I also have the PDF coppies of the earlier spec sheet which Jason sent to me (Thanks for that BTW Jason). This is part of the email I then sent to my broker.

The only difference I can see in lists of specs is the ABS on the 4x4 and the over fenders on the 4x2. The 4x2 never had the over fenders anyway so that may have been a misprint.

Before I purchased my Navara through you, I obtained a pamphlet through (Name omitted here) on the Navara; which indicated ABS, Air Bags & Pre-Tensioners.

Latest posts

Back